Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GOOD.Life

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 29, 2014
London
I can't run evasi0n on my Mac since I need to update my OSX, so I'm wondering if Jailbreaking my iPhone 4 via VMware Fusion 4 running Windows XP would work?

evasi0n has opened, and all I have to do it plug in my iPhone but I'm not sure if it will brick my phone or wipe it, since the backup is on OSX and not stored on the VMware.

Thanks.

0xyMoron

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2012
California
I can't run evasi0n on my Mac since I need to update my OSX, so I'm wondering if Jailbreaking my iPhone 4 via VMware Fusion 4 running Windows XP would work?

evasi0n has opened, and all I have to do it plug in my iPhone but I'm not sure if it will brick my phone or wipe it, since the backup is on OSX and not stored on the VMware.

Thanks.

How did you update your iPhone 4 to iOS 7? There are mixed reviews about OTA updated devices and jailbreaking with evasi0n, other than that you shouldn't face any problems Ps: nothing bricks iDevices except hardware failure. Hope that helps, should you face any issues come back here and someone will help out.

GOOD.Life

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 29, 2014
London
How did you update your iPhone 4 to iOS 7? There are mixed reviews about OTA updated devices and jailbreaking with evasi0n, other than that you shouldn't face any problems Ps: nothing bricks iDevices except hardware failure. Hope that helps, should you face any issues come back here and someone will help out.

I'm pretty sure I updated it via iTunes.
And thanks for the info, I tried to Jailbreak and I kept getting stuck on Configuring System 2/2. I upped the RAM and stuff, gonna try again now.

EDIT: Now I'm getting "evasi0n failed during configuring system 1/2"

0xyMoron

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2012
California
I'm pretty sure I updated it via iTunes.
And thanks for the info, I tried to Jailbreak and I kept getting stuck on Configuring System 2/2. I upped the RAM and stuff, gonna try again now.

EDIT: Now I'm getting "evasi0n failed during configuring system 1/2"

Did you disable passcode on your iPhone? Also make sure you run evasi0n as admin. If you get stuck on 2/2 keep evasi0n running and reboot your iPhone.

GOOD.Life

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 29, 2014
London
Did you disable passcode on your iPhone? Also make sure you run evasi0n as admin. If you get stuck on 2/2 keep evasi0n running and reboot your iPhone.

I did both of those, I'm getting stuck on 2/2 now haha, I'll try rebooting, thanks :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.