Eve Elgato Weather & Siri

Discussion in 'HomeKit, HomePod, CarPlay, Home & Auto Technology' started by carlos28355, Jun 1, 2017.

1. carlos28355 macrumors newbie

I can't seem to get Siri to give me any info on the eve elgato weather sensor...Im trying to get the temp outside in my back yard and anything I ask Siri about weather I just get the current weather and forecast from whichever weather data base it uses...any one able to get this to work for them? thanks

2. adamsteinberg macrumors newbie

adamsteinberg

What is the name you've given to your back yard? If it's back yard, try "backyard" or vice versa. Or try simplifying into just "yard". The phrase that triggers the cue for Siri to look for HomeKit devices usually is, "Siri, what's the temperature in my back yard", or "Siri, what's the temperature in the back yard".

3. carlos28355 thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you. its a name issue for sure. my back yard was named "Back Yard" of course without the quotes. when I asked whats the temperature in m back yard Siri would often put it as backyard and it wouldn't give me the answer. If I paused and said back...yard...siri would say theres no yard in HomeKit. played with some names and I named it back patio and seems to be working...I wish Siri was as smart as Alexa (; thank you!