Home Eve Motion turn on lights?

Discussion in 'HomeKit, HomePod, CarPlay, Home & Auto Technology' started by illegalprelude, Mar 8, 2017.

1. illegalprelude macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

Hey there,

Has anyone been able to get Eve Motion to turn on a light automatically? It's driving me batty as I have tons of other HomeKit enabled devices but no matter what I do, I can't get this to work.

Unless I'm mistaken, the scene you see below says that if motion is detected anytime after 3pm, that the computer office light should turn on.

I should also note that I can see via the Eve app that the motion sensor does detect movement and that I can individually give commands to Siri and have her enable that light which means each piece is working..

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. adamsteinberg macrumors newbie

adamsteinberg

From the screenshots you added in your post, it looks like you have similar rules set up in both Apple's Home app and in Eve.

Due to a quirk in HomeKit, if you set up a rule in the Home app, it creates HomeKit scenes that are specific to the Home app, and they don't work in the Eve app. This has been reported to Apple.

I suggest you delete the scenes and rules relating to Eve Motion, then use only the Eve app to create the scene and the rule - that will work.

3. jasleinstein macrumors newbie

If you could post the automation you did for motion to turn on a light it would be wonderful. I have the EVE motion sensor and want to turn on a Casita light (deck light) for ten minutes, then have it turn off.