OS X Eve Online Star Gate & Warp Video Sticks

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by John44, Apr 9, 2014.

1. John44 macrumors newbie

Apr 22, 2013
    Eve Star Gates & Warping video problem

I started playing Eve Online about a week ago. I like it. Everything was working fine.

Today when I would go through the “Star Gates” (it looks like your going through a worm hole) the video stops for a second or two and then starts. It does this 2 or 3 time per star gate travel. It looked like it skipped over part of the worm hole video.

Then I noticed it during warp too (when the ship uses warp speed). It happened all the time during the star gate worm holes, and much less during warp speed.

I have enough power to run Eve. Something needs to be adjusted.

One player said it sounds like driver issues. I think I read drivers are part of the OS. Therefore does that mean I can not update drivers?

Is there anything I can do with Eve Online Graphic Content Settings.
    They can be set as High, Medium, or Low.
    Post Processing
    Shader Quality
    Texture Quality
    LOD Quality
    Shadow Quality
    Interior Effects
    Interior Shader Quality

Has anyone heard of this issue?

Thank you for any help.

I’m using a 27 in, Late 2012 iMac.
    Processor 3.4 GHz Intel i7
    Mem 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2048 MB
    OS X 10.9.2 (13C64) Mavericks
  2. kulchecj macrumors newbie

Jul 17, 2014
  3. AtomicGrog macrumors regular

Jul 25, 2011
    What storage are you using? I used to get a lot of that till I went SSD... timing was somewhat coincidental though.

Was worse for me in large fleets, or jumping into a system with TIDI. Sometimes I'd wait 30+ seconds, occasionally it was so bad that when I did appear I'd end up off grid... Eve decided to bail me out somewhere safe.

Also try running it as a window (not sure if you do already... cant see any detail about it in your thread - unless im blind :))

My spec is Late 2011 iMax, 27" screen, 3.4GHz i7, same OS. I start to differ in the detail though - I have 32Gb main memory, 1GB video memory, Samsung 256GB SSD.

Don't think it's the main memory... I had that from day 1 pretty much, definitely when I had the issues.