Home Eve Room Question for Humidity

Discussion in 'HomeKit, HomePod, CarPlay, Home & Auto Technology' started by hokiepokie07, May 11, 2017.

1. hokiepokie07 macrumors 6502a

I "line" dry my clothes in a bathroom in my house (can't do it outside due to HOA). I have a dehumidifier in the room to limit the humidity, and thus am looking at purchasing the Eve Room to monitor the humidity. The dehumidifier I purchased does not monitor it.

I wish the Ecobee sensors monitored it, but alas, they do not. Is the Eve Room the best device for Apple HomeKit and monitoring the humidity?

Also, would it be possible to purchase a smartplug of some sort and when my humidity gets to a certain level according to the Eve Room, the smart plug will cut on or off?

Thanks!

2. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

As fun as this sounds (I like to play with HomeKit) I would go much more simple with a Leviton IPHS5-1LW. I use them in the bathrooms to turn the fan on and off automatically which covers showers and any other time the humidity gets too high.

I'm leaving my reply above but it just occurred to me you're not talking about a fan in the room but a stand alone dehumidifier which this won't help you with. Maybe try what you suggest and report back. If nothing else you have a sensor that will tell you what the room conditions are.