Even bigger problems now. Need help!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Jazzupyourazz, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Jazzupyourazz macrumors newbie

Hi,

So, after unsuccesfully running trough the installing procedures of windows via Bootcamp, my mac now boots into windows, which then displayes 'Disk Error, press any button to restart'. Trying to boot with cd's or dvd's (whether it is Leopard DVD or a windows XP dvd) doesn't work either; it always ends up in windows saying error. I can't boot anything right now. And I'm pissed as hell.

Does anyone know the answer to this horrifying problem?

2. Arkanok macrumors 6502a

Arkanok

Can you get into OS X at all? If not, just try holding down the alt/option key while booting up the computer, that should prompt you to go back into OS X. From there, I'd re-install windows if possible.

3. Jazzupyourazz thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, I ended up doing that, and it worked. thanks!

4. Arkanok macrumors 6502a

Arkanok

No problem, good luck!

5. MaskingTape macrumors regular

Also, that windows boot error is because when installing windows you didn't reformat the partition. Even though bootcamp makes the partition, you still must reformat it. Took me a bit to figure out but then I read the instructions lol.

6. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

Keep in mind that until you reset the "startup disk" in the Mac System Preferences to be your Mac disk to make the change "stick", your system will want to keep booting into the Windows side of things when you restart. The Option key startup only applies to the current boot (that is, temporarily).