Even if u pre-ordered, check in store stock

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by iwolverine7, Sep 26, 2018.

1. iwolverine7 macrumors newbie

I pre-ordered the SS Silver 44 Watch 4 and my expected delivery date was the end of October. Over the past couple days, I started checking istocknow.com and it showed there was one at the Philly store, which is close to my office. I then went on the apple store app, saw it, ordered it and walked over to pick it up. Then, I cancelled my prior order. The moral of the story is that apple is supplying daily stock of the items that some of us still are in pre-order delivery hell for, so just do a quick check every morning around 8:00 - 10:00 am ET. You might get lucky.

2. BlueMoon63 macrumors 68020

Did the same. Watches daily and all stores in my area only had aluminum. Even all day yesterday, the same. Then, one store at 6pm add 3-4 SS models including two SBSS.

3. d_ganggreen macrumors member

d_ganggreen

I happened to be on may way to a San Antonio mall on Saturday (day after launch) and thought it was an error seeing one in the app...I purchased with skepticism however was delighted when I got to the store and even traded in my series 3 watch! Then canx my pre-order.

4. Shadowbech macrumors 601

That's what I did. on 9/22/18, I placed an order on the AW S4 SBSS 44 mm. I then went to istocknow.com and have signed up to e-mail me if my particular model I wanted was in stock. Sure enough yesterday I got an e-mail and immediately ordered for pick up and cancelled the online order.

5. bojj80 macrumors newbie

I went into the Apple store for a Genius Bar appt for my Mac. I asked if they had any watches in stock and I got a 40 mm aluminum gold watch and traded in my Series 2 watch on the spot. Couldn't have been easier! Check the apple site to see if your store has the watch you want in stock.

6. FlyingScot macrumors member

FlyingScot

Went into the store on Saturday and scored my SBSS 44 and my wife's Gold SS 40 that way. Cancelled both orders. Easy

7. Carilyn macrumors member

Carilyn

I was at the store picking up my daughters new Xs Max on Saturday and decided to ask if they had any watches in stock. Had the exact one I wanted so traded in my S3 right off my wrist and also a couple old iPads I brought along to trade in for gift cards. Walked out with my gold S4 with no money out of pocket. It was a great Apple store day for my daughter and I. :)

8. Bazooka-joe macrumors 68020

Bazooka-joe

Sounds like a great result :)