Even if u pre-ordered, check in store stock

iwolverine7

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2016
I pre-ordered the SS Silver 44 Watch 4 and my expected delivery date was the end of October. Over the past couple days, I started checking istocknow.com and it showed there was one at the Philly store, which is close to my office. I then went on the apple store app, saw it, ordered it and walked over to pick it up. Then, I cancelled my prior order. The moral of the story is that apple is supplying daily stock of the items that some of us still are in pre-order delivery hell for, so just do a quick check every morning around 8:00 - 10:00 am ET. You might get lucky.

BlueMoon63

macrumors 68020
Mar 30, 2015
Did the same. Watches daily and all stores in my area only had aluminum. Even all day yesterday, the same. Then, one store at 6pm add 3-4 SS models including two SBSS.

d_ganggreen

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2015
Nowhere-somewhere-everywhere
I happened to be on may way to a San Antonio mall on Saturday (day after launch) and thought it was an error seeing one in the app...I purchased with skepticism however was delighted when I got to the store and even traded in my series 3 watch! Then canx my pre-order.

Shadowbech

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2011
Apple iPhone World
That's what I did. on 9/22/18, I placed an order on the AW S4 SBSS 44 mm. I then went to istocknow.com and have signed up to e-mail me if my particular model I wanted was in stock. Sure enough yesterday I got an e-mail and immediately ordered for pick up and cancelled the online order.

bojj80

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2016
Washington
I went into the Apple store for a Genius Bar appt for my Mac. I asked if they had any watches in stock and I got a 40 mm aluminum gold watch and traded in my Series 2 watch on the spot. Couldn't have been easier! Check the apple site to see if your store has the watch you want in stock.

Carilyn

macrumors regular
Dec 5, 2016
I was at the store picking up my daughters new Xs Max on Saturday and decided to ask if they had any watches in stock. Had the exact one I wanted so traded in my S3 right off my wrist and also a couple old iPads I brought along to trade in for gift cards. Walked out with my gold S4 with no money out of pocket. It was a great Apple store day for my daughter and I. :)

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 68040
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
I was at the store picking up my daughters new Xs Max on Saturday and decided to ask if they had any watches in stock. Had the exact one I wanted so traded in my S3 right off my wrist and also a couple old iPads I brought along to trade in for gift cards. Walked out with my gold S4 with no money out of pocket. It was a great Apple store day for my daughter and I. :)
Sounds like a great result :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.