Even In Perfect 3g Service Areas Reception Is A Major Issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by myfoneisdank, Jun 28, 2010.

1. myfoneisdank macrumors regular

i think that everyone needs to realize that for some people, simply using a case with the new phone does not help the reception issue. while i agree that the free-fall of bars is less evident with a case on, the reception is still a major issue.

for instance, i have always had PERFECT 3g service in my home. while at home on my 3gs, i never ever fell below 5 bars. i really can't remember a time in any room of the house where it has dipped below 5. the speed was fantastic and i went months without having a dropped call. surfing safari was incredibly fast, sometimes i couldnt tell if i was on wifi or just regular ol' 3g.

with the new iphone 4, my bars seem to fluctuate quite a bit. they fluctuate even without using this death grip as described by many on this site and the media. i have also noticed that using internet intensive apps, and using safari is almost worthless. it takes forever to load if it decides to actually load, even when its showing 5 bars! when i try to make a call, half the time it doesn't start the ringing process. its completely infuriating, especially when my 3gs was the most amazing piece of mobile technology i've ever seen/used.

i have no idea why this is happening. perhaps its a temporary 3g network problem in my area? regardless, i'll be waiting another week to see if this rumored software update will fix the issue. keep in mind i have my sleek ifrogz case protecting my investment. if nothing is done about the issue, i'll have no choice but to return the phone and go back to my 3gs.

i realize none of you could care less if i return the 4 or not, but i wanted to shed some light on the fact that even in areas where the 3g service is spectacular, this new phone is falling way behind the previous models in terms of usability as a cell phone.

2. MisterDisney macrumors 6502a

I'm really starting to worry. My iPhone 4 works great and I'm not usually this lucky...

3. myfoneisdank thread starter macrumors regular

haha yeah. i felt the same way when i turned mine on for the first time and saw that there was no yellow blotches or lines. my luck pretty much ran out though after using it for a day or two. such is life i suppose