Even Newer Macbook Pros!!!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Mac Head, Apr 18, 2010.

1. Mac Head macrumors member

:D

Do you guys think Apple will release a new notebook line to replace the current designs. What they did this month was basically bump the hardware a little.
    Maybe we will see some new machines Juneish tying in with WWDC...

Thoughts ;)

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

No, it took 10 months for Apple to update them so why on earth would they update them AGAIN in two months?

Next update won't be before September at the earliest, more likely Oct/Nov, or even early 2011 (Sandy Bridge?)

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

4. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Bump the hardware a lot. Maybe in a year or two.

5. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

October/November - but I would only suspect a substantial update (not external) on the MacBook.

6. TSE macrumors 68030

Not going to get a totally updated, redesigned MacBook Pro/MacBook line for another two years probably.

7. Guiguiga macrumors regular

Guiguiga

At least 10-12 months 'til we see something new.

8. Captain Planet macrumors 6502a

Captain Planet

They need to update the MBA... or just get rid of it completely.

9. bluskale macrumors regular

I wouldn't be terribly surprised to see a more significant bump in the fall... its not like it hasn't happened before.

10. chaosbunny macrumors 68000

chaosbunny

No, this will not happen. Apple does not care about laptops or desktops, they care about iPhones, iPod Touches and big iPod Touches.

11. Nitrocide macrumors 6502

Nitrocide

I hope they do continue the MBA, I wouldnt get one in its current state but i can see the draw. I think its idea just a bit ahead of its time components wise, especially the first iteration but something needs to start a trend sometime!

12. Shanewilliams macrumors 6502a

If that was the case wouldn't have apple just waitied until June?

13. neutrino23 macrumors 68000

I can't see a major change to the MBP for at least a year or two. What would they do? It's already about as thin as they can get it. Maybe they'll scrape off a few more millimeters. The frame around the display is already quite thin.

Eventually they'll switch to OLEDs of some sort. That will make the display thinner.

It can't get much thinner or there won't be room for the ports which are of fixed size.

Eventually they'll make SSD standard which might free up a little room. Maybe they'll drop the optical drive at the same time. Again, maybe it will get a little thinner and lighter.

Probably they'll add better cameras, microphones and speakers, but that won't change the case.

Maybe the touch pad will get a little larger and gain some new features.

14. iamrawr macrumors 6502

iamrawr

well I'm hoping there would be at least a small update over the summer before i start college. maybe to fix some possible bugs with the new ix core processors or some hardware tweaks... or is that a little too much? i didn't like how the usb was still kinda limited in the smaller models and i wasn't satisfied by the graphics cards for the price. and if they actually do, there's a possibility for slight price reduction which is always a good thing.

So here's to hoping :D

15. newmacboyoutube macrumors member

6 months

Give Apple a minimum of six months, although the average is way more than that:apple: