Even the inside is pretty!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by munckee, Jan 17, 2009.

1. munckee macrumors 65816

I'm not usually one to "bow down" to the apple gods and claim them infallible, but I had my unibody macbook apart this morning for a ram upgrade and I couldn't help but stop and marvel at how cleanly and well-designed the INSIDE looked as well! It's really amazing how they've managed to keep things simple (well, as simple as a pile of circuits, etc. can be).

Other than having to take the 8 screws out of the bottom case for the ram upgrade (couldn't have made that accessible from the battery compartment again guys?), the upgrade was very simple. Stuck 4GB of OWC ram in (purchased last week for $85) and so far it's been smooth sailing. I'm still getting the machine loaded up though, so I haven't really put it through its paces yet...

2. Lava Lamp Freak macrumors 65816

I was a little pissed off when upgrading RAM. The magnets that are next to the screw holes pulled the screws to it while I was trying to align with the hole. Very annoying. I guess the magnets help hold the battery cover on, but it sure gets in the way.

3. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

Use a magnetic screwdriver as Apple tell you to do.
    Also use a Phillips one.

4. Lava Lamp Freak macrumors 65816

Unfortunately I couldn't find any of that size in a store that was magnetic. I'm going to order the toolkit from OWC before I ever have to get into it again.

5. GfulDedFan macrumors 65816

GfulDedFan

Have you ever looked inside a Mac Pro? They're absolutely awesome. A true work of art. Check it out some time.

6. GfulDedFan macrumors 65816

GfulDedFan

You can magnetize your own screwdriver like THIS.

7. MattyK macrumors 6502a

MattyK

ahaha that's the exact same website i used to magnetize my tiny screwdrivers to replace my ram! :D +1