Even though I really don't care about LTE - why I bought the LTE

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by jwlbel, Sep 15, 2017.

1. jwlbel macrumors regular

I am upgrading from the series 0. I just started swimming, so I really want one that is waterproof. I REALLY do not want to pay the extra $10 a month. I ended up buying the series 3 WITH LTE with the new nylon loop band. I originally was planning to buy the Nike w/o-LTE with the new nylon loop band but none of the non-LTE come with the new nylon loop. So I was going to buy the new nylon loop band separately. Then my friend said if I am going to be buying the band separately, it is only $20 more to buy the LTE one with the band I really want. I figure that I will activate the LTE and try it for 3 months for free and then decide if it is worth it or not.

2. bruinsrme macrumors 603

bruinsrme

And that makes you the ideal target consumer that Apple loves.
    Many of us fall victim to the marketing tactics.
    People specially ordered the Nike limited edition for the band. That band is now available. Guess what, they made tons of money off that watch and created a strong demand for the band. cha-ching

3. jwlbel thread starter macrumors regular

It doesn't make sense for me to buy the Non-LTE with a band that I already have and then separately buy a band that I really want, that I do not already have for $50. For the $20 extra, I get the band I really want and the option of adding LTE if I want. While it sucks for the consumer, it is genius of Apple not allow us a full choice of bands and making us buy them separately.

4. betabeta macrumors 6502a

I went with LTE, but mostly because of the ceramic back, getting the nylon band is also nice considering I have a regular sports band already.