Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nychot

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2011
Lion works fine on my 2012 MBA and the only thing of interest on ml is mirroring and i can do that with my ipad3. I still use sl on my mac mini because i have an old version of WORD. Also i think i'll wait until all the kinks are out of ML. I have a little under 30 days now to DL. It. Anyone else thinking the same way?

Mitch Rapp

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2012
Lion works fine on my 2012 MBA and the only thing of interest on ml is mirroring and i can do that with my ipad3. I still use sl on my mac mini because i have an old version of WORD. Also i think i'll wait until all the kinks are out of ML. I have a little under 30 days now to DL. It. Anyone else thinking the same way?

I considered waiting for a month or so before upgrading, but went ahead and upgraded yesterday. I love ML on my 2012 Macbook Air! It seems like these new Air's were made especially for ML (or vice versa)! I'm very impressed and glad I did the upgrade. Good luck.

FYI 2012 Macbook Air 2.0 256/8GB

MRiOS

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2010
you can always redeem your code and tie it to your app store acount, but then either stop the download, or CMD+Q out of the installer when it pops up. That way you can redownload for free from the app store if you change your mind a few months/years down the road.
(just because Apple Gives you 30 days to download doesn't mean you have 30 days to install. It really only means you have thirty days to redeem the code. Once it's been redeemed under you're Apple ID you can download it whenever you want.)

UKHaiku

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2012
UK
I've downloaded it, made an installable usb for safekeeping (I have a slow broadband connection - would rather not have to download again!), but I have no plans to install until there's at least one or two patches out..

Apr 17, 2005
Currently in Switzerland
I've downloaded it, made an installable usb for safekeeping (I have a slow broadband connection - would rather not have to download again!), but I have no plans to install until there's at least one or two patches out..

Same here, IF I decide to buy it...so far there is nothing enticing about ML - it's just a glorified bugfix + iOS transplant.

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
If you were still on SL I could understand, since it has rosetta and it's very, very stable, but ML is better than Lion in almost every way.

saberahul

macrumors 68040
Nov 6, 2008
USA
To download or not is your decision, but it would be stupid not to redeem your code so that you own it.

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
give me the code if u dont want to install it ... some people :rolleyes:

upgrade takes less than 30 minutes and everything works just fine, whats the problem? let alone if u can get it for free

AuPhalanx

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2004
Wilkes-Barre, PA
If you're running Lion now, then I recommend upgrading to ML. I've installed it on two machines and it works fine. It's more of a refinement of Lion and I think you'll find yourself liking it. If you can get it for free, then I say to go for it.

T.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.