Even with "music controls" cant background streaming music with copilot (iOS 4x)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by markm75, Aug 11, 2010.

1. markm75 macrumors member

Now that i have the iOS 4.x and iphone 4.. i'm trying to use orblive or grooveshark on the iphone, then switch to say CoPilot and have the audio stream stay active..

Music Controls from cydia helps, if not using Copilot for navigation.. But, when launching CoPilot it kills the grooveshark or streaming app.. the reason seems to be due to the ipod player launching.. because if i run the app then launch ipod, it does the same thing.

CoPilot doesnt have a way to disable the music player.. and i've fiddled with music control's settings and cant override things.

Granted i could then close / background CoPilot, relaunch the streamer and at least hear directions.

Has anyone found a way around this?

Before i could use "backgrounder" from cydia and it worked fine on 3.x, but i'm hesitant to install backgrounder (it prolly doesnt even work) on 4.x, since backgrounding is a default feature for most things.

Thanks

2. markm75 thread starter macrumors member

I found that at least with ooTunes.. if you turn it "off" in music controls.. the stream continues to play when launching copilot..

So maybe apps like OrbLive and Grooveshark will fix this issue eventually.