Event for the 9th, when in stores?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by xlur8ed, Sep 4, 2008.

1. xlur8ed macrumors newbie

I do not have a lengthy background with Apple products, so I am unsure of how this all works. I understand their is an event on the 9th where the new nano and itouch are planned to be released. I am going on a long trip on Sept 12th and after getting my previous ipod stolen, am looking to buy the itouch v.2. My main question is this: When will Best Buy have this product on their shelf? In the past, when Apple releases something via an 'event', is it pretty much in the warehouse of thousands of Best Buys, or will it ship out Sept 9/10th and retailers will get them when they get them?

I need tunes before I leave on the 12th and am hoping desperately that I can get my hands on an itouch v.2 in time!

Thanks a lot for any help you can offer!

Jason

2. aethelbert macrumors 601

Last year, stock didn't stabalize until early October. The touches were in very limited supply and sold extremely quickly. The updated versions of iPods have typically started showing up in third party retailers about 7-10 days after introduction.

3. xlur8ed thread starter macrumors newbie

Bummer :(

Thanks for the insight.

4. Viremia macrumors regular

They should be available some time after the 8th of September. ;)

Seriously, it all depends on what their stock is like. In the past, things have been announced and not available (or readily available) for weeks or months. Other times, they've been in Apple stores the same/next day. Third party retailers frequently lag behind by days or weeks.

In short, there's really no way to tell, but I wouldn't be surprised if the new Nano was available in Best Buys by the 12th, but the Touch is another story...with perhaps not so happy an ending.

5. bastardstevej macrumors newbie

Be clever and do not even think of buying ipod touch. In the future you will regret it.

There are many good alternatives just make a good search for it.

6. weeman macrumors 6502

Uhhh...why would he regret buying an iPod Touch?

7. Viremia macrumors regular

8. LloydBraun89 macrumors member

i have one and it has made things so much better. its nice to be able to have essentially everything in my pocket. i love it. there are so many great things to say about that i wouldnt know where to start. what are these "good alternatives" you speak of? ive tried other products but they just dont cut it.