Events on iCal duplicated when setting up iCloud

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Godspianist10, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Godspianist10 macrumors newbie

I just recently bought the iPhone 4s and tried syncing my calendar with my MacBook Pro using iCloud. When I set up iCloud on my MacBook though, quite a few repeated events on iCal duplicated which caused a huge problem since I use iCal religiously. In a few cases on individual days on my calendar, I saw that events were duplicated and then randomly placed and overlapping. This is very frustrating. It took me a while to get all of the duplicated events deleted and everything back to how it should be, but I'm worried that this is going to be a reoccurring problem.

Is this a common issue with iCloud users, and can it be fixed?

Thanks

2. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

I started with MM and then Migrated to iCloud. I never had this problem. However, I do know others have reported issues. I just keep in mind that the www.icloud.com is the Master Copy.

I Sync with Mac Mini, Macbook Air, iPhone, iPad. I have a shared calendar with my wife who sync's with her iPhone and iPad.

The only issue I have ever had and really not sure what caused it is my Wife will sometimes put in an event on her iPhone in her Personal Calendar instead of our joint Calendar. Then later realizing the problem she will change the Calendar for the event to our joint but it will not show up in our joint for some reason. I finally changed her default calendar on her devices to our joint and have not seen the problem again. I mostly create events on my Mac Mini since I am working on it most of the time and have not had this problem and I have changed calendars (that the event is for) a number of times but only on the Mac.