Ever been updates on Wednesdays?

carljohnston28

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 20, 2010
Is it a possibility tomorrow, is this something that has happened in the past? Or are we waiting till next Tuesday again?

Ralzy

macrumors member
Nov 17, 2009
I'd give it a 0% chance for tomorrow. Apple wouldn't take the site down in 2 days in a row.

MBPi7

macrumors member
Jan 20, 2010
Silent updates are usually on Tuesdays, I believe the only other times that Apple has released things on a Wednesday has been because they were taking part in a trade show.

Unfortunately Apple is not exhibiting at this year's MacWorld which starts tomorrow but here's hoping they launch the eagerly awaited MBPs to coincide with this event. I'm not holding my breath.

wbham

macrumors member
Jan 25, 2010
New Zealand
Considerig they released something today and almost every other update on Tuesdays I don't think we will see it tomorrow even though I want it asap, on trying to be realistic.

ARF900

macrumors 65816
Oct 30, 2009
Ok, mods, I really think the entire macbook pro section of the forum should be shut off until these things are released, this is getting ridiculous, especially for just a spec upgrade.

coolmacguy

macrumors regular
Dec 6, 2002
Ok, mods, I really think the entire macbook pro section of the forum should be shut off until these things are released, this is getting ridiculous, especially for just a spec upgrade.
we certainly don't need a new "is it going to be updated tomorrow?" thread for every day.

lil' brudder

macrumors 6502
Jan 14, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
But, it isn't just a small speed bump, and these things could gain a lot of speed (potentially). I don't dock people for anticipating, especially those with real needs for a new computer on short terms, but I do agree that people need to patient. All in good time, folks. All in good time.

MagicMouse

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2010
You could just not check the forum until after the update... Instead of acting like someone is forcing you to read (and comment) on all of the update threads you are complaining about... :rolleyes:

carljohnston28

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 20, 2010
we certainly don't need a new "is it going to be updated tomorrow?" thread for every day.
It's a rumors forum, I don't know what your expecting.

I was curious to whether there has been updates in the past on Wednesdays?

No need to get all anal. :rolleyes:

NOTORIOUS187

macrumors member
Dec 31, 2009
Oh look, another person who is jealous and wished they would have waited for the new Macbook Pros...

anthorumor

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2009
Sydney, Australia
But this is MacRumors. If someone feels the urge to start a new thread along those lines then just play along. The fact that these so called 'useless' threads are full of discussion is a testiment towards the fanbase and the occassional obsession many memebers of this forum relate to.

I believe the 'fun' products (mac mini update, ipod boombox) event was done on a Wednesday.

tallguy

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2008
Canada
All I know is that whatever happens to the MBP lineup, it's just going to make me want a new one. That's what it comes down to in the end.

Techhie

macrumors 65816
Dec 7, 2008
The hub of stupidity
The iPad was announced on a Wednesday. Maybe it's Wednesday hardware releases from now on?
The Tuesday schedule was originally mapped out due to research on the habits of the media. Of course, this logic doesn't apply when they are doing a silent revision without the involvement of the press, so they are not conformed to any specific time or day.

cili0

macrumors member
Jan 19, 2010
Italy
it's the first time that apple doesn't partecipate to the macworld, so we have no history to infer what they will do during these days.

21st100

macrumors newbie
Jan 25, 2010
I would lol soo hard if it comes out today, im sure heaps of us were up nice and early anticipating an update... It would be a nice surprise if it did come out :D