Ever been updates on Wednesdays?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by carljohnston28, Feb 9, 2010.

1. carljohnston28 macrumors member

Is it a possibility tomorrow, is this something that has happened in the past? Or are we waiting till next Tuesday again?

2. Ralzy macrumors member

I'd give it a 0% chance for tomorrow. Apple wouldn't take the site down in 2 days in a row.

3. MBPi7 macrumors member

Silent updates are usually on Tuesdays, I believe the only other times that Apple has released things on a Wednesday has been because they were taking part in a trade show.

Unfortunately Apple is not exhibiting at this year's MacWorld which starts tomorrow but here's hoping they launch the eagerly awaited MBPs to coincide with this event. I'm not holding my breath.

4. wbham macrumors member

Considerig they released something today and almost every other update on Tuesdays I don't think we will see it tomorrow even though I want it asap, on trying to be realistic.

5. fox10078 macrumors 6502

fox10078

6. ARF900 macrumors 65816

ARF900

Ok, mods, I really think the entire macbook pro section of the forum should be shut off until these things are released, this is getting ridiculous, especially for just a spec upgrade.

7. coolmacguy macrumors regular

we certainly don't need a new "is it going to be updated tomorrow?" thread for every day.

8. lil' brudder macrumors 6502

But, it isn't just a small speed bump, and these things could gain a lot of speed (potentially). I don't dock people for anticipating, especially those with real needs for a new computer on short terms, but I do agree that people need to patient. All in good time, folks. All in good time.

9. MagicMouse macrumors regular

MagicMouse

You could just not check the forum until after the update... Instead of acting like someone is forcing you to read (and comment) on all of the update threads you are complaining about... :rolleyes:

10. Peter95 macrumors member

ROFL.....!

11. carljohnston28 thread starter macrumors member

It's a rumors forum, I don't know what your expecting.

I was curious to whether there has been updates in the past on Wednesdays?

No need to get all anal. :rolleyes:

12. NOTORIOUS187 macrumors member

Oh look, another person who is jealous and wished they would have waited for the new Macbook Pros...

13. gfiz macrumors 6502

gfiz

14. anthorumor macrumors 6502a

But this is MacRumors. If someone feels the urge to start a new thread along those lines then just play along. The fact that these so called 'useless' threads are full of discussion is a testiment towards the fanbase and the occassional obsession many memebers of this forum relate to.

I believe the 'fun' products (mac mini update, ipod boombox) event was done on a Wednesday.

15. KrispyKreme macrumors newbie

The iPad was announced on a Wednesday. Maybe it's Wednesday hardware releases from now on?

16. tallguy macrumors regular

All I know is that whatever happens to the MBP lineup, it's just going to make me want a new one. That's what it comes down to in the end.

17. Peter95 macrumors member

i guess we'll see in about 2hrs and 12 mins... but i dont want to think that way, i will be dissapointed....

18. Techhie macrumors 65816

Techhie

The Tuesday schedule was originally mapped out due to research on the habits of the media. Of course, this logic doesn't apply when they are doing a silent revision without the involvement of the press, so they are not conformed to any specific time or day.

19. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

20. daleski75 macrumors 65816

daleski75

Wednesday is the new Tuesday everyone knows that, I have even marked it in my calendar!!

21. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Apple release updates on Wednesdays if the previous Monday is a holiday.

22. cili0 macrumors member

it's the first time that apple doesn't partecipate to the macworld, so we have no history to infer what they will do during these days.

23. 21st100 macrumors newbie

I would lol soo hard if it comes out today, im sure heaps of us were up nice and early anticipating an update... It would be a nice surprise if it did come out :D

24. KrispyKreme macrumors newbie

Pardon my ignorance but what holiday was Jan 25?

25. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

That was an exception. It was the day Apple released it's financials and had a financial call.