Ever get the urge to respond to automated emails?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Mad Mac Maniac, Feb 26, 2010.

1. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    Whether it is at work or just from some online account that we have. We have all gotten those computer automated email responses that always remind you at the bottom not to respond directly to this email?

Typically I just ignore it and move on with my life. But have you ever felt the urge to respond to the email just to spite the automated system that warned you not to reply?

I just felt that way now because at the bottom of my email it says

and I just thought to myself. "How demanding. Who are they to tell me what I can or can't respond to!"

Anyways, please don't flame me. This is just a silly, pointless question. :)

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

You do realize that they say that because there's no "inbox" for those emails. That is, any responses will never see the light of day.

3. lionheartednyhc macrumors 65816

lionheartednyhc

Sometimes I have full blown argument with stop signs as well.

4. Mad Mac Maniac thread starter macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    Yes of course I understand that. That wouldn't be the purpose of my reply.

5. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

I sometimes reply to them.

At work recently there was a brilliant case where a customer had emailed via the website which generated an automated response (which you can reply to) but the customer had given an email which generates an automated response back.

After 3000 emails filling up her inbox the person in charge had to phone up IT to get them to remove the feature as emails were just bouncing backwards and forwards.