Ever have it reboot?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Yaboze, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Yaboze macrumors 6502a

Yaboze

I was using my iPhone and went to run WeatherBug when I clicked it, my screen went black with the Apple symbol and it had restarted.

What is this? Does it mean the app crashed? Battery is fully charge.

2. sagittaru macrumors member

sagittaru

3. doobs macrumors regular

Yeah, it seems that after using your iPhone for a while and opening up lots of apps, it needs to be restarted to "clean out" the remnants of these apps in memory. I have to restart about once a day to keep things running smoothly. This should not be the case on a mobile phone and I hope Apple does something to fix this annoying problem.

4. cantankerously macrumors regular

5. Scott-n-Houston macrumors 6502a

Can you elaborate? How do you ensure you've done that?

6. jobsfnby macrumors regular

to hard close your apps, hold down the home button when you want to close the app and wait until it returns to the home screen

7. nimda0 macrumors 6502

nimda0

Is this for real? Can anyone verify this is ACTUALLY hard closing the apps and doing something differently?

8. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

only does this after a software update for me...

9. nimda0 macrumors 6502

nimda0

To clarify, this does NOT work. This closes the app the same way just pressing the button does. I've confirmed this on 2 phones now, and occasionally you will still get an app that will reboot your phone. Also, it takes forever to close the app when you press and hold the home button.

:-/