Ever have one of THOSE days?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by chrono1081, May 4, 2012.

1. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

Ever have one of those days where something sucky and expensive happens? I did...

Today I went snorkeling in Maui. It was a good time, except for after I was done I discovered that my iPhone went snorkeling with me. I hope it enjoyed itself as much as I did because now obviously, it does not work.

Thankfully I was due for an upgrade, but still, $200 down the drain :(

EDIT: Oh and double suck, I realized its only 16 gig, I use more room than that but no matter, I'll make due.

2. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

Ouch, sorry dude. On the other hand, snorkeling in Maui sounds like bliss...

3. \-V-/ Suspended

\-V-/

This.

At least it only set you back 200. Still sucks, though.

4. tjsdaname macrumors 6502

yup.... the last day I had like that cost about 450$

5. heehee macrumors 68020

heehee

This happened on my honeymoon in Jamaica. We were in paradise having a drink or 5 by the pool and beach. I got up, jumped into the pool, swam for a little and realized I had something in my pocket. I began laughing cause i know the camera is going to be gone and that's the only camera we have. We had to buy a disposable film camera at the gift shop. Atleast the memory is still good. :D

6. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Nope. That malfunctioned as well. Sorry.

7. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

Yeah, the other day I was riding a bicycle, and my jeans got caught in the gear, ripping 'em. :mad:. Favorite pair of jeans too....

8. Gregg2 macrumors 603

I left a phone in my pocket and put my jeans in the washing machine. Realizing my mistake, I rushed back downstairs to retrieve the phone before the machine filled up with water. Too late. The phone was wet, and no longer worked. It doesn't take a whole ocean...

9. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

My only iPhone I owned was killed by me putting a hose in my pocket. (Don't ask.)

But I'm far more prone to drop things on the ground and run over them. :eek:

10. GIZBUG macrumors 65816

GIZBUG

Been there, done that, lol. :D

11. chrono1081 thread starter macrumors 604

chrono1081

You can not tell a story like that and say "Don't ask" :p

12. 'Bmac macrumors regular

I've been having "one of those days" EVERYDAY for the past 18 months! My Mother passed away and EVERY single family member has done something to harm me and just will NOT leave me alone since the day my Mother passed away. That is why I can't stand ANY blood relative. They ALL NEED to go and F&$% themselves!

13. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

hence why you get a bike strap for your right leg lol

14. MorphingDragon macrumors 603

MorphingDragon

At least it wasn't New Zealand. Unlocked iPhones are $1.3k. :p

15. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

Fair enough. ;) My dad does swimming pool remodeling, and he asked for my help on a job one night. It ended up taking way longer than we expected, and at 4 AM my sleep deprived mind didn't quite make the connection that the garden hose in my hand was on, and that my pocket was not the ground. :p

16. Andeavor macrumors 6502

A couple of months ago, I was re-arranging some stuff on my desk, in the midst of it I knocked over a glass of coke and there goes my 17" MBP. It stopped working right away and all I could do was turn it off.

However, three weeks later I got myself a 13" MBA, last week I bought a cinema display and I just ordered a gaming PC online. Fate has a funny way of dictating my life sometimes.

17. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Sorry for your loss, and I hope things improve for you soon. It's been six years since I lost my Mother, and four since Dad passed. The grief still hits me once in awhile, but one year after the death of a loved one can be really tough.

18. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

Haha, yeah, but I don't ride a bike normally - I was just riding one because my friends were around, so we decided to go skateboarding/bike riding.

And thus, I was wearing loose/baggy jeans. I literally just took the bike, got on it - no preparation beforehand.

19. chrono1081 thread starter macrumors 604

chrono1081

Oh but the price would be worth it to be back in New Zealand! I'm hoping to come back around December :D (And have a waterproof case on my iPhone :p).

----------

Ack! I bet that was a wet ride home :p

20. mac26 macrumors 6502

You should buy the Lifeproof case, a friend of mine has one on his iPhone 4 and it looks good and we dipped it in water "for science" :D and it was fine.

21. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

Lost £20 and also had the shocks off my motorbike stolen within the same 24 hours.

22. smithrh macrumors 68020

smithrh

23. chrono1081 thread starter macrumors 604

chrono1081

I am having a blast! I went snuba-ing twice (will try scuba next trip for sure!), I went snorkeling 5 times, I went sea kayaking once, today I do zip lining and tomorrow I'll be swimming with dolphins in the morning, renting a jet ski in the afternoon, and swimming with manta rays in the evening. My credit card officially divorced me but I'm having a blast :)

My last day isn't planned yet. I have until roughly 6:30 pm to do stuff until I leave for good old (sarcasm) Pennsylvania :/

24. smithrh macrumors 68020

smithrh

I thought you might like it!

Going in wintertime is a different experience. Absolute exhilaration in reaching a true tropical paradise from a cold, dark, wintery place.

But then absolute despair on returning back to reality.

25. 'Bmac macrumors regular

Gregg2 thank you for your kind words. It is really tough with everything that my family has done to me. My Dad passed 20 years ago and they few family members of his family were turned against me by my Mom's side of the family who also STOLE the entire estate away from me. But It should be all over tomorrow as I am going to my lawyers office to get everything back and put in my name. Then I hope I never see family (both sides) ever again. Yes it is lonley but I have the most amazing Sweetheart who really makes sure I am doing well as possible. I am sorry to hear of your parents loss. I know exactly what grief you speak of.