Ever have your slider freeze?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by michael31986, Jun 17, 2009.

1. michael31986 macrumors 68040

sometimes i will be trying to slide the phone on and it won't slide for some reason. ill have to hit the power button have it go off then try it again and then im able to slide it. anyone have that

2. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G (white): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

Happens all the time on my iPhone 3G, not once on my iPod touch.

3. bobsentell macrumors 6502a

bobsentell

No, but I do get a weird cell company name on my cell...

Attached Files:

4. rockinrocker macrumors 65816

rockinrocker

Sounds like a personal problem....
    harharharharhar

5. otis123 macrumors 6502a

wow! Must be a old tower in your area or something.

6. milani macrumors 68000

milani

Yes, this happens to me on occasion. Just hit the sleep wake button a couple times and then you should be ok to slide to unlock!

7. bobsentell macrumors 6502a

bobsentell

Oddly enough, it only happens when we have a sever thunderstorm go through the area. Which has been quite often this past spring. This tower also likes bumping me to Edge for no reason.

As for the slider, I'd try doing a force reboot.

8. coledog macrumors 6502a

coledog

It's happened to me 3 times now since upgrading to 3.0...

9. M-5 macrumors 65816

M-5

This sometimes happens to me when I get an incoming phone call. I try to slide to answer, but it only slides half way and then the slider jumps back to the beginning. It's frustrating because I basically miss the call.

10. Nikos macrumors 68000

Nikos

3.0 BETA did this. I think it's actually lag, if you wait a few moments it should skip to the home screen. Looks like they haven't really polished 3.0 for final release. 2.2.1 feels much more smooth.

11. bobsentell macrumors 6502a

bobsentell

Well, in Apple's defense (like they don't get any around here) a few thousand developers are not a few million users. There are some things that just aren't going to be found in the Beta run.

12. lignsligns macrumors member

beating my 2g against my hand always instantly fixed the problem for me

13. Nocaster macrumors regular

This is happening to my wife as well on her 2G. With a slight difference.

The slider bar will appear for a few seconds in it's locked state, the rotating timer wheel will appear briefly in the center of the screen, then the screen will go dark for a few seconds. It will continue to cycle like this for about 5 minutes or so.

Then the Apple will appear as if it's restarting, then promptly powers back up into the same locked state.

Repeat.

I cannot turn the phone off, and iTunes doesn't seem to want to give me the option to restore from backup.

This happened at the last possible instant of updating to 3.0 (This is my wife's phone, I had no problem updating my 2G.

Any ideas?

14. michael31986 thread starter macrumors 68040

oh ok. good i thought it was only me and i would have to restore as a brand new iphone. but i did restore it and did my back up. lets see if it fixed it, but its probably a bug. i think it did happen in 2.2.1 also but not sure. it may be that i didn't turn off my phone for a while when it happened in 2.2.1 but with 3.0 it did it once. so lets see. glad im not the only one.

15. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Exactly, which makes me wonder how people are claiming that 3.0 is somehow FASTER on their phones. Just their imaginations?

16. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Jailbreak? Man, and if all those events on your calendar are as intense as the one you have up ... Phew. haha

17. milani macrumors 68000

milani

^ LOL!

Not in my case. When I say I can't slide to unlock I mean the entire screen is completely non-responsive. The only solution is to sleep wake and only then will the screen react to my touch.

18. JohnFa macrumors regular

Maybe they all just say "Wake up. Lounge."

19. michael31986 thread starter macrumors 68040

it probably is just a lag. and pressing sleep/wake button does make it then let u swipe.