Ever see this before?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by taptic, Jun 11, 2014.

1. taptic macrumors 65816

taptic

Hi, have any of you guys ever seen this before? I didn't know what it was so I took a screenshot. I wasn't able to quit it and when I tapped on it it redirected me to the App Store. Even after quitting the App Store it didn't go away though. It only dissapeared after putting the iPad to sleep...

Running iOS8b1. And yes, I understand its a beta, I'm just wondering if im out of the loop on something...

Attached Files:

2. batting1000 macrumors 604

I believe it has to do with Continuity. Do you have any other devices running iOS 8 or OS X Yosemite?

3. taptic thread starter macrumors 65816

taptic

Nope, just my iPad.

4. batting1000 macrumors 604

5. taptic thread starter macrumors 65816

taptic

Yeah, that's what I was thinking to do, but thought I'd make sure it wasn't something obvious first...

6. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

This is an iOS 8 feature. The App Store is location aware. So, if you are at an airport, it will suggest that you open the App Store to find apps for Delta, United, American, etc.

If you are at a Target, it will suggest that you open the App Store to download the Target app.

If you at your bank, and you have your bank's app, it will suggest that you open it.

It does this suggesting at the bottom left hand corner of your lock screen. When that icon appears, you will also see what you are seeing here when your phone is unlocked and you enter multitasking. It does seem to be quite buggy, as it doesn't seem to work consistently, though.

7. taptic thread starter macrumors 65816

taptic

Ah, I see... But yes, it does seem buggy then... I was at home.

8. jlsm511 macrumors 6502

jlsm511

At my school it shows the University's app icon, but it seems broken since its the big App icon with (null) or something similar beneath it.