Ever seen something and thought this isn't actually happening?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by eyemacg5, Sep 12, 2008.

1. eyemacg5 macrumors 6502

eyemacg5

Last night me and my friend, we'll call her friend1 were out on our motorbikes, fully licensed taxed insured everything, we pulled up to another friends house we'll call her friend 2. Friend 1 took her helmet off and put her bike on the centre stand and a women come over and punched her in the face and kicked her bike over and started kicking the bike. I got off my bike and ran over to them to split them up, she ran away to her boyfriend/husband idk I look like a big guy when i have my bike jacket on :p By now friend2s dad had come out to see what was going on. All the women could say is "A little kid got knocked over on this road by somone one a motorbike"

Seriously What the hell?

How does that justify a 40+yo women attacking a 16yo girl.

Then her husband tryed to start on me but i just walked off, he told us he was phoning the police and he has both our number plates.

Still acting as if we'd done somethign wrong...

We have reported the assault and I have to make a statement later.

2. mrwizardno2 macrumors 6502a

mrwizardno2

WTF?!?! Definitely hold these jerks responsible for what they've done. That is ridiculous.

3. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Sounds like friend1 needs to press charges for assult and vandalism on the woman.

TEG

4. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

I got glassed in a nightclub for absolutely no reason. They then stabbed my mate in the face with a bottle they had smashed over my head.

At the time I was thinking 'is this really happening?'

Still don't know why it happened but we got the guys that did it and my mate and I got a chunk of compensation each.

5. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Not that I'm justifying their behavior (because that behavior is not justifiable under any circumstance), but it sounds like it was a typical case of road rage centered around one big misunderstanding.

6. nizz macrumors regular

7. djellison macrumors 68020

I'm looking at polls building up to the US election, and I'm thinking "seriously - this can't actually be happening"

Does that count?

Doug

8. notjustjay macrumors 603

notjustjay

I set my clock radio alarm to wake me up every morning with either the local pop-rock station or the talk-news station. So I'm half-asleep, half-groggy, and hearing things on the radio that make me later wonder if I really heard it. Like a few days ago, Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper was doing a press conference in a vegetable market, and some clever reporter asked him if he was a vegetable, which one would he be, and why. He proceeded to hem and haw and call himself a fruit. Meanwhile I'm lying in bed, half-asleep, thinking, "WTF?!"

9. noaccess macrumors 6502

It's the third time I'm posting this, but what the hell, it fits the topic.

Drunk driver, me in the passenger seat, car flies off of this country road down a slope, tumbling down...

As I was in the car, pieces of the windshield flying at me, as well as the driver's blood coming from my left, well, that's about when I thought: "Is this really happening now?". It really felt unreal, sort of, maybe because it was all happening so fast.

And then when it was all over, car landed on its wheels, I thought "It's okay... don't panic... we have travel insurance".

With regards to the OP's story, that woman was likely insane, hope your friend is alright now. As TEG said, she might want to press charges against that woman, hopefully receive a good amount in compensation.

10. Afini macrumors member

Everytime I press snooze, close my eyes, then open them again and realize I'm 2 hours late for work. :mad:

Luckily I can count how many times its happened on one hand over the years, and I don't have to clock in so sometimes I can slip in without anyone being the wiser. :rolleyes:

11. Much Ado macrumors 68000

Much Ado

12. nick9191 macrumors 68040

I would have punched her square in the face, women or not.

13. craigverse macrumors 6502

craigverse

14. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

Good for you, it only looks better on you if you remained in control, and used the minimum amount of 'force' to deal with the situation; if you handled it like nick9191 suggested below you'd probably would be charged with assault yourself.
    Well that does explain those commercials and press shots of him with the eyeliner on! :D

15. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Looks like someone's just had a full does of crazy lady syndrome...

Report them, hopefully if you have a detailed enough description (and if she's done this kind of thing before) the police will be able to press charges, I guess the least you'll get out of it is payment for damage to the bike.

16. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Yes. Twice in my life, in two different countries, - each of which I was visiting at the time - I have witnessed a murder - or the immediate consequences of a murder in broad daylight, in a city centre, surrounded by large numbers of people. The first time was during the Notting Hill Carnival in London in the mid 1980s; the second time was in Tallinn, Estonia, in the main street on a bright September Saturday afternoon in the early 1990s. Both times I was accompanied by my host at the time, a native of the country in question. And yes, both times I thought, as I saw what happened, more or less, right in front of my eyes, this isn't actually happening. But it happened.
    Cheers

17. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

18. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Nope, never. Most surreal moment was me and the girlfriend running through a storm on the way home, absolutely chucking it down and constant lightning all around. The burst of energy was surreal and then one bolt of lightning shot right over head (was totally silent :confused:) and we just stood there for god knows how long in awe of it all.

19. Queso macrumors G4

That's seriously effed. It isn't illegal to ride a motorcycle on public roads, even ones with a history of accidents. Therefore your friend should call the police and press charges for assault, and you should prepare to act as a court witness. Not as satisfying as beating the crap out of the pair of them, but a more fitting punishment.