Everdock or Apple Dock?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by kcellup, Oct 10, 2015.

1. kcellup, Oct 10, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2015

kcellup macrumors regular

kcellup

So I thought this would be an easy decision, because I didn't expect the Apple dock to work with Neo Hybrid Carbon case. But went into the Apple Store today and the employee took one out and plugged it in (felt kinda bad because I knew I wasn't ready to buy yet) and low and behold it worked without a problem! So I plan on using a dock for the first time with my 6s as a bed side alarm. I used to always just keep my phone down but would like to see the time. And a plus but not a deciding factor is the ability to take it off the dock with one hand,

So thoughts? Opinions?

2. xxjonoxx macrumors member

xxjonoxx

Two days ago I went into the Apple Store specifically to buy the Apple Dock in Rose Gold. Looks great with the same colored iPhone. I'm currently using the phone naked and it slides in and out of the dock very easily with one hand. I recommend it as long as it fits with your case.

3. aj11fan macrumors newbie

I just came back from Apple and purchased a stone grey dock to match my SG 6s and I dig the color matching. Kinda hurt to pay $50 tho but if you got the $$ go for it!

4. kcellup thread starter macrumors regular

kcellup

Does anyone have experience with both or is pro everdock?

5. benjo09 macrumors newbie

I have a Neo Hybrid case and although it worked with the 5 or 6 docks I tried in the Apple store, it didn't work with the one I received as a gift.

It's a really nice dock though and I plan to use the lineout so I've changed case to the Apple Silicon case and it works great.

6. kcellup thread starter macrumors regular

kcellup

7. reyalP macrumors regular

reyalP

I have the EverDock Duo that I use for my iPhone and iPad mini 4. The dock comes with two different sized rubber pads. One is thicker for a phone that is naked, and the other pad is thinner rubber for use with a case. The reason I chose the EverDock is because I use both android and Apple devises and the EverDock allows you to use either lightning and micro usb ports on the dock. I have never used the apple dock so I cannot compare.

8. cameronfuz macrumors newbie

Hey all. Cameron here from FŪZ Designs. I hope you don't mind me chiming in on this. Just want to share a few details that may help you decide which dock is right for you.

First, the apple dock is plastic; the EverDock is machined from a solid block of aluminum.
    Second, the apple dock offers zero back support making it more vulnerable to breaking; the back support on the EverDock offers added support, it also makes it much easier to align the phone when docking
    Third, the EverDock user microsuction, keeping it anchored to your desk or nightstand preventing unintentional knock overs and allowing for one handed removal; the apple dock does not include microsuction making it easier to fall over.
    Fourth, the apple dock has a 2.5 star rating on apple.com; the EverDock has a 4.5 star rating on amazon.com
    Fifth, the EverDock works with more cases than the apple dock
    Sixth, should you own any android devices now or in the future, the EverDock will work with it.

Hope this information helps.

9. kcellup thread starter macrumors regular

kcellup

Cameron,
    You were meant to be in sales. But isn't the new Apple dock aluminum too?

10. cameronfuz macrumors newbie

Thanks. Apple's dock is actually a "metallic finish." Clever marketing. :)

11. kcellup thread starter macrumors regular

kcellup

How about a discount code? Make this decision easier if the price is less too! :D

12. cameronfuz macrumors newbie

this code will get you 20% off on our site: save20

13. ribbon macrumors member

Does the Everdock work with the iPhone 6s Plus? The pictures in their website shows an iPhone 5...

14. rwings01 macrumors regular

I have the apple dock and love it. Very simple, but elegant IMO. I don't have any issues with any of my cases, they all work with the dock.

15. cameronfuz macrumors newbie

It works great with the iPhone 6/6S and the 6 Plus/6S Plus

16. rwings01 macrumors regular

Agreed, even works with all of my 6 plus cases :)

17. SaintsMac macrumors 6502

Yes, and I am using an Apple Leather case as well.

18. linds15 macrumors 6502a

i have 2 everdocks, both were replacements for the elevation lab docks and i love them. i have a duo bedside for ipad / iphone charging, and a basic one at the office. hands down a great dock and i like how it is more future proof. can sub out to micro-usb should it ever be necessary and different size device in the future. very study and with the right silicon pad inserted its easy to dock

19. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

Thanks for the code. I'm glad I saw this thread, I was gonna buy the Apple dock, and just hope that it worked with my case.

20. sk8mash macrumors 6502a

sk8mash

It might not be a solid block, but it is 100% not a plastic finish.

21. ac921ol macrumors regular

22. ac921ol macrumors regular

and just placed my order for an ever dock. so thanks for the code.

23. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

Yup, me too....The free shipping aint bad either...LOL

24. RWil85 macrumors 6502

The Fuz site is awkward on mobile.

Looking at it on my iPhone - the web page doesn't 'size down' - a lot of scrolling. Apple's site doesn't do that - their docks must be better lol

25. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68030

Well my apple dock died this weekend. Not sure how. Will be taking to apple store.