Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

banjomatic

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 13, 2010
So here's the deal, I have a wifi only iPad and use evernote all the time. When I have a wireless connection, I have NO problem at all accessing old notes to edit, revise, etc. However, when I DON'T have a wireless connection and go to access an old note, I get the message that I cannot edit Rich Text Format and can append, resulting in me being completely unable to open/edit/read the old note.

That being said, are there any other solid note taking apps out there that let you sync with an online account, like Evernote?

Thanks.

mouthster

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2005
So here's the deal, I have a wifi only iPad and use evernote all the time. When I have a wireless connection, I have NO problem at all accessing old notes to edit, revise, etc. However, when I DON'T have a wireless connection and go to access an old note, I get the message that I cannot edit Rich Text Format and can append, resulting in me being completely unable to open/edit/read the old note.

That being said, are there any other solid note taking apps out there that let you sync with an online account, like Evernote?

Thanks.

I use Awesome Note on my iPad , and not only does it sync with Evernote, but it also downloads the notes to your device so you only need to get them once.

zhenya

macrumors 604
Jan 6, 2005
What you describe has nothing to do with having wifi access or not - it's a limitation of Evernote on mobile devices. If you create a note on a full-fledged computer, with formatting, you generally cannot edit it directly in Evernote Mobile. Good luck finding an app that gives you the same editing power on your mobile device as on a regular computer.

Mawal

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2010
If you do not have aan evernote premium account, you will not be able store all your notes offline on the Ipad.

No matter what account you have, you will not be able to edit rich text on the Ipad. So if you wrote rich text using the desktop evernote app, you will not be able to edit on the Ipad.

As an alternative, you might want to consider Notebooks for Ipad, it syncs directly to dropbox.

banjomatic

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 13, 2010
What you describe has nothing to do with having wifi access or not - it's a limitation of Evernote on mobile devices. If you create a note on a full-fledged computer, with formatting, you generally cannot edit it directly in Evernote Mobile. Good luck finding an app that gives you the same editing power on your mobile device as on a regular computer.

Every note that gives me that error (when I have NO wifi connection) is a note that originated from my mobile device. None of my notes originate from a "full-fledged computer."

That being said, I see the new NoteMaster is out and syncs with Google Docs. May try that.

Suspended
Mar 15, 2008
+1 for Awesome Note. You an sync w/ Evernote, Google Docs and Awesome Notes on iPhone if you have that also. Great for notes, todo lists, grocery lists, etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.