Evernote vs. Onenote for iPP

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by stanw, Apr 10, 2016.

1. stanw macrumors 6502a

Which of these two programs better support the Pencil and the iPP? What reasons are there to use one vs. another?

Thanks.

2. Jasmynp macrumors 6502

Jasmynp

Evernote is a better file cabinet. Onenote is a better notebook. Penultimate (Evernote's handwriting app) is better for notes to me because of the zoom feature for more precise handwriting. As far as I can tell, OneNote doesn't have that option.

3. username: macrumors 6502a

Evernote is easier to organise for me.

One note is pretty fixed. You have notebooks (top level), tabs (second level) and pages (third level) and that's it.

Evernote can be organised by notebooks, tags, location... Notes are presented in a list or in card view that can be sorted by date, title, tag.. Pretty much any way you want to sort them.

For the pencil, neither is great. I would use a different app for pencil note taking.

I would keep typed notes and and files seperate to handwritten notes, or choose which input method you use more.

If you mainly use the pencil, go with notability/goodnotes. If you mainly type, go with onenote/Evernote. Whichever suits your style best.

4. infantrytrophy macrumors regular

I agree that Notability and Goodnotes work very well with Pencil.

I disagree with your comment on OneNote, however - it also works very well with Pencil. It works best when you de-select the "Draw with touch" option (found after tapping the hand/stylus icon in the Draw mode).

Both Notability and OneNote have been updated in the last few days, specifically related to Pencil support.

5. callea macrumors regular

callea

Evernote has a very ugly interface on iPad Pro 12.9.
    I prefer Onenote.