Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rmg1976

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 14, 2012
Does anyone else here play EverQuest 2 on their new MBPR?

I've got it loaded up - game itself looks absolutely amazing. However - the UI is so small it's nearly impossible to read any of the text. Changing the game resolution makes the game extremely ugly and almost unplayable in the cropped windows with about a 4 inch border around the game window.

joer80

macrumors member
Jun 29, 2012
Hmmm

I dont know what I am doing wrong, but I installed everquest 2 on my retina, and everytime I left click, the free look camera starts spinning around in fast circles and it makes it unplayable?! This happens even when I boot in from bootcamp.

I have installed parallels 7 on the mac side though, and it uses this boot camp install for its image. I am wondering if that is effecting it or goofed up my drivers?

Skyrim and MW3 play fine though...

(I am running everything at 1680x1050)

Last edited:

KraftyOne

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2010
Me too

I dont know what I am doing wrong, but I installed everquest 2 on my retina, and everytime I left click, the free look camera starts spinning around in fast circles and it makes it unplayable?! This happens even when I boot in from bootcamp.

I have installed parallels 7 on the mac side though, and it uses this boot camp install for its image. I am wondering if that is effecting it or goofed up my drivers?

Skyrim and MW3 play fine though...

(I am running everything at 1680x1050)

Me too! I am running the new retina MBP and often when I click, the mouse (tried USB and Bluetooth), it spins uncontrollably. The game is seriously lame with this happening all the time... Any ideas?

joer80

macrumors member
Jun 29, 2012
Me too! I am running the new retina MBP and often when I click, the mouse (tried USB and Bluetooth), it spins uncontrollably. The game is seriously lame with this happening all the time... Any ideas?

Did you install parallels also?

----------

Does anyone else here play EverQuest 2 on their new MBPR?

I've got it loaded up - game itself looks absolutely amazing. However - the UI is so small it's nearly impossible to read any of the text. Changing the game resolution makes the game extremely ugly and almost unplayable in the cropped windows with about a 4 inch border around the game window.

Did you install any drivers other than the ones that bootcamp comes with?

joer80

macrumors member
Jun 29, 2012
Ok, my rMBP spinning around issue has been fixed...

I deleted my bootcamp install, and reinstalled it without installing parallels, and the problem is gone!

For some reason, if you use parallels 7 with the bootcamp partition as its image, it goofs up the drivers...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.