Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RonHC

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 27, 2010
Is it normal??? On the iPhone 4??

I don't think it is

dmx

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2008
Is it normal???

I don't think it is

Make sure Push email is off if you do not absolutely need it, as well as location services... Keep your brightness around half or so.

I'd charge up completely and then drain completely to calibrate if those things don't help. Sometimes it takes a few usage cycles for these batteries to perform their best.

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2010
If you are correct about that than you would be getting 8.33 hours of battery life on your iPhone, that's actually pretty good!!

Depends on what hes doing. If hes not using it much, thats quite terrible.

Fiction87

macrumors newbie
Jun 4, 2010
I'm actually having that same issue and I noticed that my battery percentage indicator won't disappear even after disabling it in settings.

arctic

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2008
Double click the home button and kill all the unnecessary apps running in the background.

I can't wait to get my 4 so I can test it's power management myself. I'm the kind of person who usually turns my brightness to the highest. Why have a Retina display when you can't enjoy it? Why stunt the features available for you? I'm gonna turn on my location services and push of Mobile Me and probably run Skype or IM in the background. Only essentials. I do hope Apple's claim of good battery life is okay. With my uses, I just hope it'll last thru my normal day before it'll dock on the charger by bedtime. I'm optimistic after reading Engadget's review of more than 2 days of normal use.

falconman515

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2010
I have been running 10 apps in multitasking... Pandora playing music with the screen on Full brightness and leaving the pandora screen up at all times for about 2 hours with location services on, push at every 15 minutes, and anything else I can have on and runnig.... keep in mind I have been using this thing non stop almost since 3:00 today when it arrived and its now 1 in the morning.... that's 10 hours of use with almost 2 hours of HARD major use and I'm still at 19%

Man I couldn't ask for a better battery... I am trying to drain it dry before I go to bed so I can have a full charge tomorrow... Plus its good to do a FULL charge then drain of your battery the first few times to help with the calibration.

The battery in my opinion is AMAZING !!! :D

jaeguyoon

macrumors regular
Apr 20, 2010
phone just shut off cos battery got drained. Got 8hrs and 12 mins usage and 12 hrs 42 mins on stanby.

I say it's pretty decent! :)

ianray

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2010
@
There are no apps running in the background! That's the whole point of Apple's strange multitasking implementation.

I suppose another way to phrase it would be the following. What do you think?

An App only consumes battery life if it is doing something for you.

• Skype (when released) allows others to call you
  • Pandora plays music for you
  • etc

RonHC

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 27, 2010
Battery life seems better after I turned off locate services...

noobinator

macrumors 604
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
You won't get 300 hours if you light up the screen every 5 minutes to verify it went down 1% or if you leave the screen on to watch it go down 1%.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.