Every App Store app is crashing

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by daveweigel81, Aug 14, 2009.

1. daveweigel81 macrumors newbie

Since I downloaded the iPhone software update on Wednesday, my app store apps have simply not been loading. I click on one, it launched, and within one second it crashes and collapses back.

Things I've tried so far --

- Uninstalling and reinstalling all apps.
    - Uninstalling apps, rebooting phone, reinstalling all apps.
    - Buying a new app and installing it, only to find that it, like all the other apps, crashes and refuses to launch.

2. optophobia macrumors 6502a

optophobia

Try restoring

3. Droid13 macrumors regular

I had this problem

My first instinct was to restore - it didn't help. What worked was to de-authorise my computer for iTunes store account used to buy the apps, then re-authorise it. No problems after that.

Hope this helps.

4. jackryan57 macrumors regular

Thats is what I did too - that is the solution

5. daveweigel81 thread starter macrumors newbie

Didn't work

"What worked was to de-authorise my computer for iTunes store account used to buy the apps, then re-authorise it. No problems after that."

Tried this, and got an alert that I had now used 2 of my 5 computer authorizations. Didn't work. The apps are still crashing.

6. daveweigel81 thread starter macrumors newbie

Also

I did two long restores - one from a 2008 backup, one from a backup this morning. Neither worked. Seriously worried that the phone has simply been wrecked by the update.

7. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I assume when you say restore, that you did a DFU restore? If not do it. Also, make sure you have iTunes updated.

If worse comes to worse, you can restore as new, and then sync most stuff back. You should sync as much as you can to the applications that can be used to sync so that you won't be dependent on a backup (notes to outlook or mail, contacts to address book, etc.)

8. Droid13 macrumors regular

Not cool. Apple's website has a few things on it though:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1206 - if you think one computer is using multiple iTunes authorisations

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1702 - for troubleshooting apps bought from the app store (the first step it recommends is the de-authorisation then re-authorisation method)

There's probably more stuff on the Apple site. And as the poster above said:

9. yousefali macrumors newbie

Crashing solved by restarting my wifi

I had the same problem and could use the Internet acct by the mobile network provider but not my broadband wireless connection. Rebooting the wireless router and broadband modem solved the problem and AppStore and all other apps no longer crashed on launching.