Every iPhone 6+ order since 5am 9/12 has 3-4 wk delivery, why?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by shaunmed, Sep 17, 2014.

1. shaunmed macrumors regular

How is it that I ordered the 6+ from apple store at 5am PST on 9/12 (2-3 hrs after preorderimg began) and I got a ship date of 3-4 weeks whereas if you order today, 6 days later, its still 3-4 weeks?!

That makes absolutely no sense.

2. spazma7ik macrumors 6502a

Sure it does, people stop ordering once they see a delayed shipping.

3. rkoshack macrumors regular

Rather than lining up I would just order from the site right now. I wouldn't be surprised if those shipping times slipped to November after this weekend when thousands of disappointed people lined up don't get their hands on a 6+

4. ToroidalZeus macrumors 68020

ToroidalZeus

ill do that if i can't get my 6+.

5. Maaz macrumors 6502a

Umm that's 5 hours since preorders began. I started trying to pre order since 12:00am and I got through with the Apple Store app at 12:42. Just got shipping confirmation email from apple a few minutes ago for the iPhone 6 Plus 64GB Space Gray.

6. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

I have a feeling that they send out phones in batches. Maybe 3-4 weeks from the start of ordering there will be another mass of phones sent out of China.

7. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Makes sense. Apple is building up inventory for the next launch wave. After that they will resume major shipments to 1st wave countries.

8. Inframan macrumors 6502

Inframan

Mine too and I placed my order at 11:49PM PST on 9/11/2014 (15 Mins before the site was even supposed to begin accepting Preorders).

First my shipment date was at November 27th and now its at 10/02/14 - 10/13/14

I even spoke to a supervisor who said to me "Wow you were like one of the first ones to place the order" He assured me that regardless of what the shipping date was that I would receive my Tracking Number by Thursday and it will arrive by Friday.

I personally think its BS and it's not going to be here by Friday.

9. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

somebody mentioned above that it was five hours and not two to three. it's also still pacific daylight time and not standard time. anyway, it's likely we'll see shipping times slip further when people aren't able to pick up plus models when iPhones go on sale tomorrow.

10. Sanooya macrumors member

it's 3-4 Weeks after order day

so If you order on 12

yours will be shipped 1 week before who will order today or tomorrow

11. shaunmed thread starter macrumors regular

Well over 90% of preorders to date were placed after 5am PST. But EVERY order since then has the same projected fullfillmet date of 3-4 weeks.

If that doesn't show that Apple's projected shipment dates are obviously inaccurate, you are obtuse.

12. shaunmed thread starter macrumors regular

that makes sense