Every time i boost up my Mac it doesn't go to Mac OS X

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jonccfc1984, Feb 23, 2012.

1. jonccfc1984 macrumors newbie

Hey guys i am looking for help on sum thing i had a windows partition on my iMac but it got corrupted on me and i try to fix it but i ****** it up big time :(
    i ended up reformatting the partition as a Mac OS extended (journaled) so every time i boot my Mac up it ask me to inserts boot cd :(
    is there any way to fix this?

2. simsaladimbamba

You need to reinstall Mac OS X as it seems, or are you able to boot into Mac OS X via holding down the OPTION button right after the startup sound?
    And what exactly did you format with what software? Did you format the Boot Camp partition via Disk Utility perhaps?

Have you tried any of these steps?

3. jonccfc1984 thread starter macrumors newbie

yep i can boot in to Mac OS X via holding down the OPTION button right after the startup sound. but the other problem is i use a wireless keyboard and mouse setup on my iMac so if i want to boot in to Mac OS X i have to use the wired keyboard and mouse!!

----------

yep i format the Boot Camp partition using the Disk Utility.. is that a bad thing to do?

4. simsaladimbamba

If you go to System Preferences > Startup Disk and select your Mac OS X partition, you don't need to hold down the OPTION key anymore.

Maybe, but it is definitely not the right way to do it, as Boot Camp Assistant is used for removing the Windows partition.

Just be sure to have a backup, in case something goes wrong, as of now, it seems to be alright.