Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!
  • Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

FatPuppy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 14, 2012
nasa5u2y.jpg

I got this message on iOS 7, 6 and now on 5.0.1, jail broken and non jail broken. This is an iPhone 4 and the charger is the original one came in the box, also the charger never got damaged. Every time, I have to unplug the iPhone and than, even at 50%, it shows "fully charged" sign.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008

I got this message on iOS 7, 6 and now on 5.0.1, jail broken and non jail broken. This is an iPhone 4 and the charger is the original one came in the box, also the charger never got damaged. Every time, I have to unplug the iPhone and than, even at 50%, it shows "fully charged" sign.

Are you charging from an AC outlet, or from the computer? If from the computer, which port are you using?

Comment

FatPuppy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 14, 2012
Every time I charge my iPhone, I get this message on the lockscreen

u4ave7yr.jpg

Comment

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
What country are you in? That is certainly not the OEM US charger.
Agreed. It is not the OEM charger.
Your charger may not be damaged, but your power cable looks like it is. None of mine show that little "wrinkle" at the plug like yours does.
That's just the plastic coating on the cable, which bulges due to flexing. It does not mean it's damaged. If it were damaged, the OP would not be getting that error message, but rather charging simply wouldn't happen.

Comment

FatPuppy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 14, 2012
Yes, it's the European version with those 2 big metal pins. And the cable is wrinkled on both ends like that from 1 year and a half. I bought the iPhone in June 2011.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.