Every time I open finder, console fills up with these warnings

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by Brocksley, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Brocksley macrumors member

Brocksley

I have hundreds of these warnings in console, every time I look through any folder it pops up again and again. Any idea what is happening here?:confused:

http://imgur.com/a/cZxEE

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Have you by any chance run one of these "cleaner" apps on your machine. It looks like perhaps some of the icon cache files are missing?

I would just do a command-r boot and reinstall the OS over top of the existing install to fix it. This won't erase your data, but do a backup first just to be safe.

3. Brocksley thread starter macrumors member

Brocksley

I haven't run any cleaner apps. I just did a clean install of mavericks week ago.

4. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Hmm.... yeah that's odd then. If you do a verify disk in Disk Util does it show any errors?

Have you installed any utilities that may be conflicting with Finder perhaps?

5. Brocksley thread starter macrumors member

Brocksley

Did a verify, no errors. Haven't installed utility apps, just iWork, office, Xcode, Adobe suite, pycharm

6. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Just as a test, try creating a new temp admin account and login there and see if you get the same thing. That will tell you if it is something specific to your account like maybe a startup item or something causing a conflict.

7. chrfr macrumors 603

I've got a Mavericks server that does the same thing, and com.apple.IconServices starts up and keeps running for many of the accounts on the server. No clue what's causing it as of now, but I'm none too pleased about it.

8. Brocksley thread starter macrumors member

Brocksley

Same thing with a new admin account.

9. hallux macrumors 68020

hallux

Do you have Google Drive installed? If so, turn off the file sync status option in the Google Drive preferences.