Every time someone brings up Light Peak, it seems like...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jamesryanbell, Feb 16, 2010.

1. jamesryanbell macrumors 68020

jamesryanbell

...they're just trying to tell people that they know about it. "I bet we'll see USB 3.0 on the new MBP, or maybe Light Peak". C'mon folks, you KNOW that light peak technology isn't even going to be feasible any time soon. You just want to mention it to tell people that you know about it. lol. :rolleyes::D

2. Dozerrox macrumors 6502

3. reallynotnick macrumors 6502a

It's supposed to be ready by the end of this year, is that any time soon to you?

Nothing like what you are doing...

4. vant macrumors 65816

1. It's not wild to speculate that light peak will be introduced on an Apple (it was demoed on a Mac Pro motherboard).

2. It's scheduled to release sometime this year.

3. New updates to MBP is speculated for Feb 23rd, if it follows its 8th month path.

4. Assuming #3 holds, we should see another update in October, thus bringing us Light Peak if all goes well.

5. moocat macrumors member

Im telling you guys... posts with "..." at the end of the title - just don't read them. "..." = "please give me attention" so translation:

"Every time someone brings up Light Peak, it seems like... Please pleaseee give me attention" :p

6. Cali3350 macrumors regular

Seeing as how there are absolutely no peripherals and, more importantly, no controllers for Lightpeak yet I think its safe to say no its not coming soon. The end of the year refresh may indeed have it though.

7. cmChimera macrumors 68040

cmChimera

I can't believe you made a thread for this. Fail.