Everyone had a macbook on the indecision 2008 live special

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by dizzy13, Nov 4, 2008.

1. dizzy13 macrumors 6502

Not sure if anyone else watched this, but it was cool to see everyone with a macbook. Looked like Jon Stewart and Steven Colbert had Airs and the rest of the staff the new macbooks. Wonder how much apple paid for this product placement? :eek:

2. robanga macrumors 68000

robanga

I would guess they paid a good amount for that.

3. Chase R macrumors 65816

Chase R

Just about any computer in an advertisement is an Apple. They are just the most aesthetically appealing.

4. ghalimacman macrumors newbie

Macs are beautiful, that's why!

They have chosen macs because of their appeal to everyone, and their classy look. I mean, if I had a higher bid from hp to appear on the show, I would downgrade to the lower price and have the beautiful macs instead. Pc's just dont quite look good...

5. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Apple paid nothing. They don't pay for product placement.

6. dizzy13 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, I mean I know they are in a lot of shows when a computer is needed. I just found this amusing because they didn't really even need them for anything, they were just like there.

The only person that even pretended to use it was Colbert when he was talking about twittering some tweets and bloging :D

7. djellison macrumors 68020

Maybe not in $'s - but they pay in hardware.

http://arstechnica.com/journals/apple.ars/2006/4/14/3590
    "With its cultural cachet and storied history of giving away tens of thousands of Apple computers to the Hollywood creative community,"

8. daniel.ord macrumors member

Yeah, I think it's probably naive to think Apple's stuff just happens to appear in so many locations there days. We all know that Job's smarts lie mostly in marketing, the guy practically wrote the book. I think it safe to say something of value has changed hands often, regarding placement og Macs on tv and in movies / print.

9. thechidz macrumors 68000

thechidz

10. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

And yet many shows are obviously using Apple products but because Apple doesn't pay them actual moneys to feature the Apple logo, those production companies choose to cover up the logo rather than give Apple free advertising.

11. NewGenAdam macrumors 6502

Apple hardware is pretty distinct, even sans logo.
    Everyone knew the white/black plastic as Apple. Soon everyone will know plain Aluminium as Apple, instead.