Everyone loves RickRolling right?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by benflick, Apr 1, 2009.

1. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

Well, as part of April fools day, I would like y'all to know about the world's best Rick-Rolling site (Or worst). Now, before I give the link, I would like to inform you a little bit on what exactly it does.
    When you to the site, it shows the normal Rick Astley singing, Never Gonna Give You Up, in this case. But then the site delivers a series of pop-ups containing various bits of the lyrics of the song. You cannot exit out of the pop-ups before another one comes up. It really pisses people off as they usually have to shut sown their computer. Now, run along and make your coworkers/friends/self mad!
    http://www.bringvictory.com
    Have fun!

2. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

I clicked it, I dislike you now... :p

If you manage to close it (keep pressing CMD + W to keep it still), when the popup messages appear, hold down enter for a while, it WILL eventually close :p

I want to bring up 10 windows of this on my friends computer, just for the frustration factor... :D

3. ZachsMacDaddy macrumors 6502

ZachsMacDaddy

Thanks for that one. I just got the other sys admin here to go to that site. He was ticked. I can't believe he went to it just because I told him to.

It's been a long afternoon of pranks here.

#1 - edited his hosts file and redirected his favorite sites to HotJobs and other career sites. Also redirected his home RDP connection to another computer here at work. Took him over 10 minutes to figure it out and I had to give him hints or he would have just gone on & on in the wrong direction.

#2 - remotely shut down his computer right after he logged in for about 30 min. He kept wondering what I put on his pc to do it (nothing)

#3 - got him to go to the Rick Roll site

He tried to get me back by expiring my domain account and changing my display name (easy enough to look up based on email address). Funny that he did it and then our boss was here with me trying to go over some things that I suddenly could not get to.

4. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Not cool.

All pranks are historically supposed to end at Noon.

5. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

I'm still waiting for somebody to post a video of Ron Jeremy shaving himself to replace this tired prank myself.

6. Melrose macrumors 604

Melrose

Damn you :D

...actually, you forced me to watch more of that video than I have ever seen. :p

It's called an 'alert' dialogue, John - you click the little 'OK' button and it goes away. :)

That would get me a bit ticked off..

7. floyde macrumors 6502a

floyde

Ha! Awesome! Google Chrome actually adds a check box that reads "Prevent this page from creating additional dialogs" :cool:. I guess Google employees were fond of such pranks at some point.

8. ZachsMacDaddy macrumors 6502

ZachsMacDaddy

This guy deserved it. He pranks all year round. He thinks he's the ultimate prankster, but he gets mad when someone pranks him. He got what he deserved today.

9. Melrose macrumors 604

Melrose

I see. "If you can't take it, don't dish it." I can't stand people like that.

10. Keniff macrumors 6502a

Keniff

@ benflick (OP)

As mentioned above, April Fools Day jokes end at 12 noon!

They're the Rules...

YOU FAILED!

etc, etc

11. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Me neither. Same with insults.