Everyone ready for fantasy football???

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by spaceballl, Aug 17, 2008.

1. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

I dunno about you all, but I'm so excited for my two fantasy football leagues to get started :).

Any draft predictions?

Also, if anyone has some good sites that show some great mock drafts or recommendations, pass on the links!

2. Keebler macrumors 68030

i'm excited, but I'm going to be gone at least 6 weekends in Oct and Nov so that kind of sucks for keeping tabs and making last minute changes. :(

3. RamblinWreck macrumors regular

RamblinWreck

I'm hoping I draw a high enough slot to take Westbrook again this year.

....as a side note, I'm also hoping that Westbrook can make it through the whole year. He's going to put up some huge points if he does.

4. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Yeah, Westbrook is always a good points earner, and always seems to slip a few places in the draft.

5. spaceballl thread starter macrumors 68030

spaceballl

I'm pick 6 this year - I don't really like that spot. Who would you guys go for in the first round?

I'm thinking that LT, Peterson, Brady, Westbrook, and Jackson will all be gone - do I take Addai? I'm just not sure about him... they picked up a new RB this year. Thoughts?

6. yancey47 macrumors regular

It all depends on your scoring system but generally Brady shouldn't be top 5. If you can get Addai at 6, that's a steal. Otherwise I'd look at WR. The RB drop off after the top 5 is pretty big.

7. spaceballl thread starter macrumors 68030

spaceballl

Here's my team - thoughts? My receivers are weak, but i'm happy w/ the rest of the team. This is a 12-team league.

QB: Tom Brady
    RB: Jamal Lewis
    RB: Willis McGahee
    WR: Chris Chambers
    WR: Jabar Gaffney
    WR: Marvin Harrison
    TE: Jason Witten
    K: Nick Folk
    DST: Texans
    --reserver--
    RS: Jake Delhomme
    RS: Julius Jones
    RS: Jerious Norwood
    RS: Chris Henry (the druggee CIN receiver, not the RB)
    RS: Reggie Williams

8. ninelifefeline macrumors newbie

GameDay Ritual

I’ve personally tried a lot of Fantasy Football sites out there, but I’ve only been to play out all my football fantasies with GameDayRitual, the most challenging, most realistic and most addictive game on the Internet. In GameDayRitual, you can negotiate with GM’s, build offensive and defensive formations, build your own stadium. The simulation is so realistic, I’m very impressed. The great thing With GDR, you are able to negotiate against fellow GMs in the innovative Free Agency Blitz. No more run-of-the-mill, boring, cookie-cutter drafts. There are 22 different Formations and five Offensive and Defensive Schemes. Try to outwit your opponent each week by using the playbook that best utilizes your players' skills. With GDR you can build a Stadium, Track Fan Attendance and Manage Finances rest. I’ve also found in GDR that you can use other strategies, like all-out blitzing, dime defenses or a rotation of running backs to throw your opponent off their game. One of the best things about GDR is that everything is based on Real Life Players and Real Life Stats.

I’d definitely check this one out if you’re looking for a great Fantasy Football Experience. Find it here: http://www.gamedayritual.com/index....source=ac&utm_content=whatever_site_placement

Let me know if you have any tips and tricks you can share. I need to toughen up my game. :p