Everyone that ordered a Spigen Protector GLAS tR Slim

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by nin7474, Sep 15, 2014.

1. nin7474 macrumors 6502

I just got this email from them.

Spigen SGP Customer Care
    Subject: [Spigen Inc] Regarding Your Recent Purchase
    SEP 16, 2014 | 10:01PM PDT
    Alexis replied:
    Thank you so much for your recent purchase with Spigen!

We have been experiencing an unprecedented demand for our products which is all thanks to our loyal Spigen customers!
    It has been an exciting and busy time for us and we want to do our best to make sure that your phone is protected as soon as possible.

Your Pre-order for the iPhone 6 Screen Protector GLAS tR Slim has been a delayed to ensure you will be receiving quality Spigen product, the ship out date has been further extended and will be shipping out on September 30, 2014.
    Your tracking number will begin to update around this date.

We apologize again for any confusion and thank you for your patience and understanding.

Our customers are our #1 priority, and we will do everything we can to make sure you are 100% satisfied with our products and services.

Thank you again for choosing Spigen!

Sincerely,
    Spigen Customer Care

Best Regards,
    Alexis

2. cubbie5150 macrumors 6502a

cubbie5150

Well dang.... I ordered one (from Amazon, Spigen storefront I believe, since I paid shipping I assume that's the case) a couple days ago & I already got a shipping notice. Guess that means I'll be getting gone that won't have proper fitment.:(

3. Ezra923 macrumors regular

Is this screen protector like the best? Is it actual glass?

I never really get the screen protector it just doesn't feel the same. Maybe this one does?

4. Kealohilani macrumors 6502

If it doesn't fit right, I'm sure you can call Spigen and they will fix it. I don't think they will want to have customers out there with screen protectors that don't fit because they wanted to prematurely release a product that did not have the opportunity to be tested first to make sure it was right.

5. nin7474 thread starter macrumors 6502

Hopefully the delay is to redesign it to fit better with the curved edge.

----------

It's tempered glass.

http://www.spigen.com/brands/apple/iphone/iphone-6/iphone-6-screen-protector-glas-tr-slim-4-7.html

I got it through Amazon/SPIGEN cause it was cheaper.

This will be my first Glass screen protector.
    I used their plastic ones in the past.

6. Poob Bubes macrumors 6502a

Poob Bubes

Has anyone actually received one? I also have a tracking number from an order but it hasn't updated yet. I also have 2 cases on the same order.

7. Mikey86uk macrumors 6502

i received mine from Amazon UK today.

And now i find out it might not fit? :( :mad:

8. Poob Bubes macrumors 6502a

Poob Bubes

When did you place the order?
    I ordered mine on the 13th.

----------

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Mikey86uk macrumors 6502

Im even more confused now :rolleyes:

10. Poob Bubes macrumors 6502a

Poob Bubes

Yeah, i'm not sure about "the updated one." Hopefully he meant "an updated one."

11. ricktat macrumors 65816

Ohh OK... that is pretty clear now:confused:

Mine shipped yesterday too. I wonder if it will be the non-cutout on the top. The picture on Amazon and Spigen wasn't there when I ordered mine. The picture only showing a cut out on the bottom that curves in.

12. Hammie macrumors 65816

Hammie

I have three ordered via Amazon on the 12th. The current status is shipped... Estimated delivery date shows 23 September 2014.

Wonder what this means? I can't see it taking that long to transit. I have ordered Spigen products in the past and they arrived within the same week.

13. Poob Bubes macrumors 6502a

Poob Bubes

Go to the USPS tracking page and see what it says. Mine only shows "Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS."

14. Hammie macrumors 65816

Hammie

Mine is coming from UPS Mail Innovations and says "Shipment information received". So, it is not In transit yet.

Thanks for the suggestion.

15. ricktat macrumors 65816

I just looked mine up and it is the same.

This just means they are telling Amazon it has been shipped to be paid. I have had these update really slowly before or Spigen is holding them.

16. Poob Bubes macrumors 6502a

Poob Bubes

Well my main concern is that I have two Neo Hybrids on the same order. So if they are delaying the screen protector, they need to go ahead and ship the cases.

17. Hammie macrumors 65816

Hammie

My order through Amazon shipped the Neo Hybrid case and it was delivered today. Too bad it looks like my phone won't be here until the middle of Oct. :(

18. nin7474 thread starter macrumors 6502

19. Poob Bubes, Sep 17, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2014

Poob Bubes macrumors 6502a

Poob Bubes

Their customer service is terribly slow. I still have no movement on my tracking number. I did get a message that the screen protector was delayed until the 30th but I have asked numerous times about the two Neo Hybrid cases on the same order and still haven't gotten a response.

I wound up ordering the same case with Amazon Prime yesterday just so I would have a case by Friday. I will just return one of the ones they send if they ever decide to ship them.

20. bobright macrumors 601

Are these generally good screen protectors of the past iphone 5 etc.?

21. actionvaughn macrumors member

actionvaughn

Well this sure does sucks. What is everyone planning on using for the next two weeks? The ones shipping on Amazon Prime aren't particularly impressive.

22. bobright macrumors 601

I know right? I'm very conflicted on what screen protector and/or case to get to have from day one. I have amazon prime so I'd need to order sometime today to get it Friday but none seem appealing to me. I think this spigen sounds best but don't like the varying cutouts and then now a delay.