Everyone wanting the next iPhone without knowing ANY details.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by newyorksole, Sep 24, 2011.

1. newyorksole macrumors 68030

I often do Twitter searches to see what people are saying about certain subjects. I searched "iPhone 5" and it's amazing how everyone is saying how much they can't wait for the iPhone 5 and how great it's gonna be, yet they know nothing about it.

I don't really see anybody saying "man I hope the next iPhone is gonna look nice or do XYZ."

I wonder if it's a mix of people who just assume since Apple always puts out killer phones that the next one will surely be better/nicer or they see the iPhone as the "It" phone and have to have the next iteration.

At the end of the day it just goes to show what kind of strong brand Apple is.

On that note, bring on the next iPhone!

2. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

I'm waiting patiently for the keynote invite.

3. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

interesting post ... someone should answer this soon :eek:

"Everyone wanting the next iPhone without knowing ANY details."

4. ap3604 macrumors 68000

We definitely know details about the iPhone 5 which is why we know we already want it:

- We know it will have improvements over the already amazing iPhone 4... that alone is a high enough baseline to know that I (and others) want it ;)

5. TheDrizzle-0 macrumors member

I NEED a new phone and I figured I might as well wait for the 5 to come out. Right now my HD2 is overheating with even minimal use.

6. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

All we can be fairly certain it will have is the A5 and an 8MP camera. That's about it for strong rumors.

On point, I have a friend that buys the new one every year as he uses it constantly for work. He's dying to buy the new one.

7. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

Me too. Except the touchscreen on my HD2 kinda spazzes out every so often and registers touches on the complete opposite side of the screen. That and it drops my cell signal for a couple of minutes about twice a day. I keep flip flopping between that and my old 3GS, but I'm waiting for the iPhone 5 to get a new phone.

8. MacinDoc macrumors 68020

MacinDoc

Yes, from what I have seen, that is all that is certain (and perhaps all there is).

People seem to underestimate the significance of the A5 upgrade. I believe benchmarks showed that the upgrade in the iPad resulted in a 65% speed increase.

As for the camera upgrade, its value will depend on whether the optics are improved and the sensor size is increased. Sometimes an upgrade in pixel count results in a decrease in picture quality.

9. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

Yeap even compare to the new samsung galaxy s2

10. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

I'm not saying that's not a substantial upgrade because it is. Those are the only solid rumors we have though. Personally, I'm not buying it either way so I don't really care.

11. newyorksole thread starter macrumors 68030

iOS5 + iCloud + A5 + Upgraded Camera = 1 hell of an iPhone, anything else for me is a bonus to be honest

12. damant macrumors 6502

damant

13. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

Anyone with an iPad 2 and an iPhone 4 can see for themselves that the iPad 2 is faster.

14. Leet Apple macrumors 6502a

Leet Apple

i have family members waiting and telling my its going to be amazing, but me & my trusty iPhone 4 will wait a few more years before upgrading

15. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

16. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

Wasn't the iPad 1 faster than the iPhone 4 anyway?

To the OP, this is partly a result of Apples marketing, people just expect a new Apple product to be amazing, and a lot of people will buy whatever they make.

17. Stanjara macrumors member

Well you know

Well basically...you know everything...ios5...black and white...faster than ip4. better camera...
    The only thing you don't know is screen and the back cover...witch knowing apple will be beautiful and high quality.

People complain about design and form factor...and itunes, and i say fine, go to android...buy the best and largest phone that it has to offer, with rubber casing and best and strongest flash that there is.

But then those people make all the fuss...I need a new phone..iphone is delayed, my hd2 is overheating, or my htc battery is dying. Why are you here. I believe that those brands have already made newer models so upgrade to that.

Recently i have red many articles that say iPhone isn't cool anymore....but it is...because you know exactly what it is...you don't have to even say ip4 or 3gs or 5...it is just an iPhone...

when you say htc...you must ask what kind...and even then people don't know what it is....Is that better than htc desire?
    I don't want to sound like an apple fan...these hts and samsung phones are great....i just don't feel android after using ios...maybe if i had android phone first...i don't know

I have 3gs 16gb and it is still like brand new....and it is a great phone..no drop t calls...enough battery...apps work. When the phone is going to be in a dying mode then i will upgrade to a new one...probably ip5 :)

18. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

It's true. I know a lot of regular people that are not smartphone enthusiasts, don't have a clue, yet they all are waiting for iPhone 5. It's a testament to the masterful marketing hype of Apple. When a company has customers ready to buy sight unseen, that's quite an advantage.

19. ckc macrumors regular

Totally agree.

I have a 3gs 32gb and an iPhone 4 32gb both factory unlocked, I travel around the world a great deal so the phones get a lot of use in varying climatic conditions. When the odd problem has occured Apple have always swopped out the phone for me.

Unless the new 5 does something so sensational and life-changing that I couldn't possibly live my life without it I will stick with my two phones and only replace them when I have to.

I can never understand people who (I assume) are managing to live day to day and using their existing phone being so excited about a phone coming out that may have a few new features that truly are not going to change their life to any extent :confused:

20. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

The iPhone 4 is spending all its horsepower on that retina display.

You WILL be assimilated...:p

If I had an iPhone 4 and the next model is just a new chip and camera, I can see no rational reason to get locked into another 2 year contract for it. Now if it also includes a new design and 4" screen, I'm all over that.

21. Licoeur macrumors newbie

I'm currently in this boat, and this is the approach that I'm taking regarding the next iPhone.

22. Krandor macrumors 6502

You see the same thing everywhere. I have seen lots of posts about how everybody is looking forward to Android 4 i.e. Ice Cream Sandwitch and how it will be a major upgrade and all I can find on details of what will be in it is

- unify phone and table
    - resizable widgets
    - some type of kinect facial recognition stuff

and that's about it for details I can find. Yet everybody is excited about this amazing upgrade.

----------

4" screen I agree with. How is a "new design" worth a new contract more then a new chip. A new chip will improve the performance of the phone. A new design only changes the look.