Everyone who supports disabling unlocked iPhones.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nickspohn, Sep 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Post here.

I want Apple to do something to stop the unlocking, and possibly send all unlocked iPhones back to the pre activation stage.

It's no fair for the people that made the switch over to ATT just to get the iPhone.

For you pre-semptember 5th buyers, if you can spend over $500 on a phone, how can you not be willing to pay a cancellation fee on your current service to get the best of your phone?

And now, all the people that are scrambling to buy iPhones because you can unlock them, you now save $200 as compared to a month ago buying a iPhone alone.

Your iPhones suck without EDGE, flat out.

Late Friday night rant.

2. nikhsub1 macrumors 68010

nikhsub1

Wow. You sound like the bitter kid that is always in everyone else's business. How does this affect your life? I switched to ATT and paid an early termination fee and I could give a rats ass if one billion people hack their phones. You obviously have too much time on your hands.

3. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

It isn't fair that phones are tied to one carrier. I support phones be unlocked and you decide what carrier you want to go with.

iPhones suck without EDGE? People who unlock their phones still have data service.

4. nickspohn thread starter macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Reason #1

Apple is delaying the update because they're coming out with a solution to fix this. Don't believe me? Look at the facts, its common sense.

5. ventro macrumors 6502a

A bulk of the unlocker crowd are trying to get iPhones operational in areas where ATT coverage is slim or none - mostly abroad. So they never had any option to switch to ATT. So get off your high horse.

6. nickspohn thread starter macrumors 68040

nickspohn

lol k.

7. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

If they just released and unlocked phone...........well we wouldn't have to deal with this would we.

Sorry but tie it to a service that people don't want..........people will find a way to unlock it.

8. nickspohn thread starter macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Right, and Apple made that decision to stick with ATT only.

If you live in the US in a well popularized area, i don't see why ATT would be a issue.

I'm not bitching mainly about people unlocking because they just don't have the coverage, im bitching about the people that pansy the way out of the early termination. And believe me, there are many of them.

9. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

So you are ok with people that unlock the phone for use in Canada or Mexico. You just have problem with people who don't want to pay an early termination? :confused:

10. nickspohn thread starter macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Basically.

See, a lot of people want the iPhone, yes. But there is also the people that want to unlock it because they don't want to make the switch to ATT just because they have to pay the activation fee. Apple and ATT don't like any of it. Back to where we started, why the iPhone is through ATT only.

11. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

Activation fee? I think they more have a problem with the early termination fees than the activation fee. I can't say I blame them.

12. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

Ok and while we are at it..........

Activation fees?!?!? Who is the genius who decided that I have to pay to switch to YOUR service only to have to sign up for a contract to use your service.

That is just crazy. Just MAKES you want to leave the carrier you are with now and hope aboard.

13. rmh macrumors regular

May I be the first to ask why it matters? If you wanted the phone and knew you had to pay an ETF to leave your current carrier, thats your problem. Its not being unfair or cheating. You wanted the technology when it came out, you paid the price. Who cares if people spend less money than you did by unlocking it? Personally, I think the iPhone should have been released as an unlocked device. But of course, Apple decided they wanted to milk the cash cow a little more and get money from subscribers.

Anyways, once the new update rolls out, the unlocks will probably be broken, so that will be over with until a new option is available.

14. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

I'd prefer people not unlock their phones because I believe those actions represent an indirect tax on those of us who do not.

Do I really care though?

No.

15. one1 macrumors 65816

That's the sum of it.

16. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

I think the violin needs to be a lot smaller.

As for the OP man some one is being a baby because some people figure out how to get around locking the iPhone to AT&T.

17. ModestPenguin macrumors 6502

ModestPenguin

Ive been looking for my violin. thanks!

18. James L macrumors 6502a

Before this thread gets locked, which it absolutely should, let's see a show of hands for the people who think the original poster should simply mind his own business. If he doesn't like unlocked phones, don't use them.

Seriously... worst thread ever.

19. TurboSC macrumors 65816

TurboSC

This is probably one of the worst threads I've posted in...

It's a shame really, just by reading your little rant and then the few immature comments you made to the other forum members, it really shows how childish you are.

Grow up, stop crying because you had to pay a termination fee, the world doesn't revolve around you. I hope the mods will lock this thread and remove him from the forums for a few weeks for wasting bandwidth.

20. D4F Guest

D4F

Mom didn't bring milk yet?

21. MiLK© macrumors member

WHO SAID ITS DELAYED??

I'm getting sick of this rubbish. How can something that hasn't even been announced be delayed? and how are you looking at the facts?? That is pure speculation.

22. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

No point in going on with this at all... but the OP is entitled to his opinion. People, let's play nice otherwise there will be tears before bedtime.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.