Everything about new iPad 2

Discussion in 'iPad' started by olihope, Jan 26, 2011.

1. olihope macrumors newbie

May 9, 2010

I found on internet very truely video about things in iPad 2.
    Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYWwVT-Ocr4

CPU:CORTEX-A9,512MB RAM,3.2mpx CAMERA + VGA CAMERA,12h WIFI / 10h 3G,iOS 4.3, multiple gestures and more ....

What do you think ?
  2. Mr. Incredible macrumors 6502a

Sep 16, 2010
    Southern California
    3.2 megapixel rear camera with HD recording? Interesting...
  3. Piggie macrumors 604

Feb 23, 2010
    I would not understand a 3.2 rear camera.

I mean either fit a rotten 1MP and take the flack for fitting a crappy camera in a 2011 high end device, or fit the nice quality one from the iPhone4.

I don't know why you'd pick one in the middle.
  4. Eso macrumors 68000

Aug 14, 2008
    It all seems pretty reasonable. The only thing I question is it launching with iOS 4.3 with the four/five finger gestures. It's already confirmed they will not be in 4.3, and if that site is wrong about that, what else are they wrong about?
  5. neutrino23 macrumors 68000

Feb 14, 2003
    SF Bay area
    A 3.2MP rear facing camera would be sufficient. More important than megapixels is the quality of the sensor especially for low light sensitivity.

I'm not going to take fine art photos with an iPad. I would like to use it to document objects and locations.

We'll have to wait till this comes out to find out the reasons why Apple made their choices.
  6. cRuNcHiE macrumors 6502a

Jan 2, 2007
    Any mention of autofocus?
    The ipod touch 4th is fixed focus only
  7. MaxPower49 macrumors 6502a

Sep 11, 2008
    Sounds very realistic indeed... 3.2MP camera sounds much better than a 1MP. Wish it had 1gb RAM, but I figured it wouldn't. We'll see how well this holds up when the announcement is made I guess.
  8. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Jul 4, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
  9. olihope thread starter macrumors newbie

May 9, 2010
    i think that they have information from "first hand".

3.2mpx is very reall because iPad do not need 5mpx like iPhone. Optics quality would be well as classic apple products and in final that would be more than ordinary 1 mpx ...
  10. poloponies Suspended

May 3, 2010
    Is this some kind of performance art piece? Are we really commenting on some yokel's YouTube video? Aside from the always-entertaining fractured English what value does anybody see in this?
  11. Gordon Gekko macrumors regular

Dec 2, 2010
    Wall Street
    This video is pure conjecture and speculation as no one has any accurate information on the iPad 2 specs.
  12. Piggie macrumors 604

Feb 23, 2010
    No that's not true there are dozens if not hundreds or more people who know the iPad2 specs.

They just won't tell us yet :)

They could even be rolling of the production lines now.
  13. Androidpwns macrumors regular

Jan 22, 2011
    Haha, yup.
  14. Steven Jobson macrumors regular

Jan 13, 2011
    Don't think they have room for movement in that small space.
  15. hi res macrumors member

hi res

Jan 17, 2011
    Outer Burbs, IL
    worthless thread...can't believe I actually took the time to watch that crap. Just read about 75% of the threads on this board and you'll get all the same info/conjecture/speculation...but it probably won't have all the broken English that vid did....probably.
  16. Sydde macrumors 68020

Aug 17, 2009
    But will the 3mpx rear camera help you avoid walking into the mall fountain?
  17. patp Guest

Apr 10, 2008
  18. Bytor65 macrumors 6502a

Feb 10, 2010
    Most realist specs yet, and nearly identical to what I have been saying to all the outlandish rumors so far.
  19. Liberal macrumors member

Jan 24, 2011
    Everything in the video seems reasonable and plausible, aside from the fact that, as someone has already pointed out, the new gestures will not be included in the end-user version of iOS 4.3.
  20. Piggie macrumors 604

Feb 23, 2010
    Correct, I remember the lack of space was the reason given for not being able to fit the iPhone4 camera in the iPod touch. Esp as its only a few dollars more.

I can accept that, if the unit it not large enough to hold the same camera unit as is in the iPhone then, I think we all understand if it does not fit, it does not fit, and no point making the whole iPod touch bigger just for the better camera to fit.

Let's see what happens with the iPad2 in a couple of months shall we?
  21. h00ligan macrumors 68030

Apr 10, 2003
    A hot desert
    it's someone guessing.

512 ram is not enough.
  22. Bytor65 macrumors 6502a

Feb 10, 2010
    Why not? It is double what is currently there. It may not be enough to win a nerd spec sheet war, but it is more than enough to function well in an iPad.