Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jagolden

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2002
True. Samsung has really executed a good job with their phone designs and changing them in the sense of where Apple seems to be behind, but the most important consideration is the platform, it’s either iOS or Android, hardware eventually takes a back seat once the euphoria wears off. But if the S10 looks anything like this, it does look sharp.

The OS looks pretty, but honestly don’t see any appreciable difference from the Xs series.
Would be nice if Apple could update the look (and some functionality) of iOS. If they did, I don’t think people would be so anamored with the look. I really feel it’s the OS making it look so unique.
[doublepost=1543715038][/doublepost]
In-screen fingerprint sensor & beautiful full screen v FaceID & slightly less screen area.

The user experience will differ, but on the visuals from that vid, the S10 looks stunning*

*if true
[doublepost=1543430669][/doublepost]
:rolleyes:

Yeah. I think the Face ID works great but I prefer the fingerprint sensor. Full screen vs. notch is meh to me. Don’t even notice it.
[doublepost=1543715632][/doublepost]
I'm sorry, but future proofing and Apple do not belong in the same sentence. Apple and planned obsolescence are pretty much what has been known for years. And the multiple class action lawsuits prove that. That being said, you want future proofing, don't look at the CPU first, as current CPUs are plenty powerful and efficient, look first towards getting more RAM and and more base storage. Something Apple will only do, when they start losing sales. Sorta like how they increased screen size only when they saw their customers moving towards bigger screen Android phones.

There isn’t a company or product that is not planned to be obsolete. Computers/electronics have been this way for decades. 3, maybe 4 years for a phone is bordering on ancient in tech and always will be.
Class action lawsuits? Apple is simply a target because of its size and money. Android users change their phones like they change their underwear, frequently. Mainly because they got a free/low cost piece of crap from their carrier and it’s beat to hell with a broken screen - no chance for obsolescence for them.
Even more so than the Apple fans that feel the "need" to update every year. Just mu opinion.

Reactions: LeeW

macdragonfl

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale,Fl
The design is nice, as the last 2 gens of Galaxy’s really have come a long way in build quality and materials. I don’t think though getting rid of any face recognition and imbedding a fingerprint sensor is a step forward. It is like a side step. I do like now they have their own design language. It will have to sell way more than they have in the last few years to be even a contender. Is this the one? I don’t think it has enough to take it there on looks alone. It’s still an evolution of the current design, nice but not groundbreaking. Different but not that different.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.