Everything google loading slow?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by red41, Mar 27, 2010.

1. red41 macrumors regular

Anything I use from google is taking forever right now. It's been going on for a couple of days. Even google-analytics and googleapis are getting hung up on a lot of sites I visit. My gmail loads really slowly or not at all. Google.com takes 30 seconds or more to load.

I'm not having any other performance issues. Bing.com and Yahoo work just fine. I've tried clearing the cache and cookies of both safari and firefox and they both still are have the same problem. I'm running Snow Leopard on a Macbook.

Any ideas?

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

3. xlii macrumors 68000

xlii

Where are you located. Google is fast for me... I just tried it. Are you anywhere near China or HongKong? China and Google are having relationship issues right now.

4. red41 thread starter macrumors regular

Google searches sometimes don't even work and if they do they are pretty slow. I'm in Kansas City, no where near Hong Kong or China. I've looked on blogs and searched this forum and others. It seems I am the only one having this problem. I am thinking about heading down to the Apple Store to see if they can tell me anything.

5. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Google.com has been fine for me, but Gmail has been very flaky for me these past few days.

The fact we're both in Missouri (or maybe you're in KS, but close enough) makes me wonder if one of the major backhaul ISPs in the state is having issues. Gmail loads just fine on my cell phone (with traffic routed through god knows where before it hits the internet) and from my work PC which connects through my company's proxy somewhere in Texas.

6. red41 thread starter macrumors regular

Hmm, I'm on the Missouri side. Maybe it is a server issue but none of my friends around here seem to be having a problem. It's kind of spotty. It will be normal for about 5 minutes and then have problems for the next hour. I can't even get google to load right now. Gmail does work fine on my iphone though.

7. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999

We're having the same issues with Google, etc. here in Michigan. I wonder if it could have anything to do with AT&T as they're our ISP.

8. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

AT&T is my ISP, red, who is your ISP?

9. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999

10. red41 thread starter macrumors regular

Yep AT&T. Well that's good, I'm just glad it isn't something with my computer or software. Kind of surprised I didn't find anything about it on blogs or anything. Thanks for the help!