Everything I open in Preview is white, Alternatives to Preview

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by xanetrain, Sep 10, 2010.

1. xanetrain macrumors newbie

Just recently reinstalled Snow Leopard on my built from scratch Mac. And for some weird reason everything I open in the Preview program is just white. Doesn't matter the file and it shows up in the little finder preview and as the icons.

Has me stumped.

Anybody have any ideas how to fix?

A place I can goto reinstall Preview?

Or perhaps a great alternative for the program? I've heard of JView/JustLooking, any opinions on those two programs?

UPDATE: I take back what I said, it only doesnt seem to open image files like tif/jpg... pdfs apparently work fine in preview. And if I have it on a blank image in preview for too long it will crash.

2. xanetrain thread starter macrumors newbie

Well the guy in that didn't have any of the same problem as me, but someone did later on in the page. Nobody assisted them though.

But there was a link on how to reinstall preview nestled in that thread somewhere ( i think posted by you ), which I tried and was unsuccessful. Which means a. my disk is corrupt in regards to Preview or b. i somehow did it wrong. I may try to obtain another disk of OSX Snow Leopard to see if that works.

When I did this I ::Opened Apple Install Disk...:: found the application of Preview (Contents of OSInstall.mpkg/Contents of EssentialSystemSoftware/Contest of EssentialSystemSoftwareGroup/Contents of Essentials.pkg/Applications), Right Clicked and Insalled to Default Location and it suggested Update over Replace (said Replace risks just creating a folder?). So I tried an Update (didnt fix it.) Tried a Replace... (didnt fix it.)

:(