Everything Just Works

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by arftech, Oct 20, 2014.

1. arftech macrumors regular

arftech

I just downloaded and installed the new IOS 8.1 update with no issues. Apple Pay was setup successfully with my bank and minor bugs that was affecting my phone has disappeared. In fact my phone seems to be running smoother.

This past Friday Apple's newest OS (Yosemite) was installed on my machine with no issues other than Notifications not working but I had help from the OS portion of the forum to troubleshoot. Issue resolved!

Today I setup the functionality of making and receiving phones calls on my MacBook and I admit that addition is cool. To do this you will need the new OS and of course your iPhone.

The Apple ecosystem consist of functional pieces of hardware and software that work together as a whole. Apple is to be commended for bringing all of this together that make our experiences in the mobile and computing domain a good experience!:apple:

2. sillywabbit macrumors 6502a

3. 0000111 macrumors member

Yes, but have you been able to activate handoff and sms relay between iOS 8.1 and Yosemite? I've been working on those all day and they're the last remaining features before I'm satisfied with the new OSes...

4. arftech thread starter macrumors regular

arftech

Nope, I don't have one of the newer machines. Damn!

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Don't say that here. Some will get upset that you're one of the many millions of happy customers.
    Here you will find lots of ocd folks crying and complaining over the smallest things and how Apple has let them down :D

6. arftech thread starter macrumors regular

arftech

It's actually good to have a suite of products that have the potential to play nice with one another. The Apple ecosystem provides that functionality...nothing wrong with that!

----------

I know. This thinking seems to permeate these forums. Quite sad really!

7. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Wow! I was expecting to come in here to see some one bashing the living **** out of Apple becuase of this and that and blah blah. But a postive post! That made me so happy :). I agree everything just works:)

8. arftech thread starter macrumors regular

arftech

Sorry, I misunderstood your post! I thought you meant the new feature "Continuity" but realize you meant the SMS handoff.

I got mine to work. If you're still having an issue, see link below:

http://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-set-up-sms-sharing-with-ios-8-os-x-10-10-yosemite/

Peace!

9. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Just did it on two Yosemite devices. Worked fine for me.

10. arftech thread starter macrumors regular

arftech

Too bad Continuity won't work until I upgrade to a newer Mac! If you're running the new OS on an older machine without issues I would think it would work. Oh well...probably Apple's way of making you spend money for upgraded hardware.

Glad it's working for you though!:apple:

11. TechGod macrumors 68040

TechGod

I have an honest question...

Why do you swear in every post you make? Every post I see from you has at least one word censored.

12. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

It's how I speak. I have freedom of speech.

13. CEmajr macrumors 601

I agree. Apple had some rare hiccups with iOS 8.0-8.02 but now with Yosemite and 8.1, everything seems to be back in order, integration across Mac/iPhone/iPad tighter than ever, and as you said "just works".

14. erzhik macrumors 6502

15. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

good to see posts like this once in a while instead of the usually whinning "my battery only lasts 9 hours" boo frigin hoo

I also have no issues with my iphone 6 on 8, 8.02 and 8.1, and I love that I can take calls and reply to normal SMS's on my MBP now

16. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

Count me in as part of this group, OP! Have 8.1 and Yosemite installed too. So far so good. *knocks on wood*

17. TechGod macrumors 68040

TechGod

In my opinion you come off as immature.

18. MEJHarrison macrumors 6502a

Everything is working for me too. I've not tested making calls from my iPad / Mac yet (and likely won't as I despise talking on the phone). Got the SMS stuff working. That was my big one. The Continuity stuff is interesting, but not huge for me. And this morning I was able to get my MacBook online with the personal hotspot thing. That worked great. Didn't even need to pull my phone from my pocket. And I love being able to AirDrop to my Mac finally.

I did have some issues getting my iPad going yesterday, but once I signed out of iCloud and back in, all three devices work great now. As the OP said, "Everything just works" and it's glorious. :)

19. cdaq macrumors member

Well it certainly SHOULD all be working, after all you're paying more than any other consumer for the same functionality.
    I do find it hysterical that iPeople are touting being able to rx calls on their mac after reading the LED thread. Why in the world would you ever need this with your phone grafted to your body?

20. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

He's like 14.

On topic, lucky you OP! I've been having some issues gettings some features to work properly :/

21. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Amazing...

----------

15*

22. arftech thread starter macrumors regular

arftech

You must be new around here.;)

----------

To be able to work in an ecosystem where the same functionality can be redundant on multiple platforms is useful for some.

Suppose you're in a situation where your phone is either charging or perhaps it could be in another room?...having the ability to continue your workflow while on your desktop, laptop or iPaid is a good thing.

Just curious...you have any Apple products?

23. TechGod macrumors 68040

TechGod

I'm 16, I don't have a swearing issue:confused:

24. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

I don't think its an issue. I think we should take this to PM its a tad off topic

25. cdaq macrumors member

Sorry arftech, I agree. It's only funny after reading the LED thread. Iphone users NEVER are away from their phones...