Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fred87nc

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 22, 2008
I have my online job ChaCha and spend countless hours searching stuff. Firefox is taking forever to load, even google, it won't load it. It just starts doing this randomly. Some sites don't want to load while others do, then at times nothing wants to load.

It isn't my internet because Safari loads at the same time in a second. Unfortunately I can't use Safari with ChaCha. So any help please, Firefox worked just fine in the beginning. Link to stable version? I my try reinstalling.

hughvane

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2008
Banks Peninsula, New Zealand
Your post and the job you do suggests to me that you have a very cluttered browser cache. Use a utility like Onyx to give your MacOS a good clean.

If you don't wish to do that, use FFox's own cache cleaning facility, then set a limit to how big the cache file becomes in future. Go to FFox > Prefs > Advanced > Network > Cache > Clear Now; and then set the size you'll allow.
[I use 20 Mb only, so the cache gets automatically cleaned regularly.]

Another thing you might do is to clear the cookies cache of all the unnecessary ones, and then set FFox to ask you every time a cookie is to be set. A slight inconvenience only. Most cookies are ads and banners anyway.

Fred87nc

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 22, 2008
Thanks guys, Well I ended up reinstalling Firefox, Everytime I reinstalled it I still had everything, and nothing changed, then I read about the User profile. and I deleted it and everything Back to normal. I will also take those tips to keep my cache low and keep my computer clean. Thanks alot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.