Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

souzadias

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2017
Why don’t they put a Bluetooth based proximity alarm so you don’t leave your phone somewhere accidentally...?
Yes Apple Please! It already shows that red symbol,why won’t have the option for a sound or haptic?

TheFluffyDuck

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2012
From a company that has brought in 'Night-shift', and 'true tone display', I am still puzzled why GREEN is the night colour display. Come on allows users to designate the colour.

shaunymac

macrumors 6502
Feb 5, 2008
My original apple watch is almost at EOL - it's really only useful for telling the time and tracking workouts. Everything else is impossibly slow and unusable.

And this is the whole reason I remain on the sidelines for this product. It’s very neat and provides lots of benefits but I nearly despise to think I have to “replace my watch” every 5-10 years.

This is coming from a younger guy that wears watches daily. The battery issue and lack of waterproofing used to be my main gripes. This one seems to be the only one left.

At the end of the day, this simply may not be a product for me. I can accept that.

xpxp2002

macrumors 65816
May 3, 2016
And this is the whole reason I remain on the sidelines for this product. It’s very neat and provides lots of benefits but I nearly despise to think I have to “replace my watch” every 5-10 years.

This is coming from a younger guy that wears watches daily. The battery issue and lack of waterproofing used to be my main gripes. This one seems to be the only one left.

At the end of the day, this simply may not be a product for me. I can accept that.
I think you’re just seeing the early evolution of the product. Just as the original iPhone to iPhone 3G through iPhone 4 were all substantial improvements, so much so that many people upgraded every generation. Then from 4S through 7, most people found that as the improvements became more incremental and evolutionary, they could upgrade every other generation and save some money in the process. Now, with iPhone 8 and X, many people are holding onto iPhone 6 and 6S for yet another generation.

As iPhone has matured, it has become easier to continue using older models for longer lengths of time. I think the same will happen to Apple Watch over time, as well. The S2 was an obvious upgrade to the S0. I didn’t do it, but I didn’t blame anyone who did, especially if they bought a Sport model each time. S2 to S3 has only one substantial improvement — cellular.

That being said, I suspect the next generation of Apple Watch...a Series 4, if you will, will be another substantial update to the product. Perhaps those with an S3 will choose to skip that generation, but anyone with older hardware will probably realize enough benefit in improved battery life, speed, memory, cellular, and whatever other new features arrive that it warrants replacement.

I know I’ve held onto my S0 since I got it, but with the battery life tanking in watchOS 4 and the speed being as poor as it has always been, this next generation will be the time to upgrade S0 models. Given the age and performance of the hardware, S0 may not even get watchOS 5. After this "S4" generation, I suspect many Apple Watch owners will separate into those two groups: enthusiasts who upgrade every 1-2 generations, and those who keep whatever generation they buy until it dies or stops getting OS updates — just like iPhone did around the 4/4S generations.

Reactions: MrUNIMOG

SeanEmbrace

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2018
CA
PORTRAIT AND LANDSCAPE ON THE WATCH??????
AND NO LANDSCAPE ON MY IPHONE??????
F*!K THAT BULLS%@T

[doublepost=1517255056][/doublepost]HONESTLY, Dan,
IF APPLE CANT DO SOMETHING AS STUPID AS GIVE US LANDSCAPE MODE AFTER WE BITCH AND MOAN FOR YEARS, WHY DO WE STILL THINK THEY GIVE A **** ABOUT ANY OF US. THEY DONT.
[doublepost=1517255129][/doublepost]WOW AND OF COURSE APPLE OWNS THIS SITE IS GOING TO IGNORE ME AND DELETE MY COMMENTS.

chrisu91

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2010
Ontario, Canada
I’m not a fan of Apple’s reintroduction to the music library feature. They’ve done it completely wrong. Previously, we were able to select a song within an album or playlist. Now, unfortunately we are only able to select a playlist or album and it starts from the first track.
Really hope they fix this...

Reactions: MrUNIMOG
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.