Everything on iPhone works except the phone!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by janoyi, May 5, 2009.

1. janoyi macrumors newbie

when I open the phone icon none of the buttons works therefore I cannot make calls. I can receive calls, send SMS, browse the internet everything exept call. What do I do

2. jackiecanev2 macrumors 65816

jackiecanev2

Wirelessly posted (BB 8900: BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.101 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/301)

Try hooking it up to itunes and upgrading/restoring the OS.

3. zephead macrumors 68000

zephead

Have you tried restarting your iPhone? Hold the sleep button on top until the screen says "slide to power off", then hold the top button again once it's off to turn it back on.

4. janoyi thread starter macrumors newbie

yes I turned it off and restarted it and I reset it also but still won't work

5. jim.lynch macrumors member

I had this exact same issue and scoured the forums for a solution to no avail.

I called O2 who offered to send it to Apple, which would take a couple of weeks :mad:

Solution:
    Book a Genius appointment at your local Apple Store. The guy had a very quick look and swapped it out for a brand new one. That I got mine through O2 didn't seem to be an issue.

Back your old one up first then restore to your new one. They never said what the fault was, I guess its a hardware issue.

6. janoyi thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you for your help. Turns out the whole problem was from the Kate application I had installed not very comparable w/ the iPhone I guess cuz I uninstalled it and the screen worked again