Everything out of sync

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by yum114, Oct 25, 2014.

1. yum114 macrumors member

Every time I'm watching a video(firefox, youtube, safari, VLC media player) the audio and video are not synced properly.
    What do I need to do to get these working correctly?

Every now and then I get a pop up about cuda.kext, could this file be my issue?
    I have smccontrol fan installed.
    I also have a program called "boom", it's a volume booster installed.
    I've had these installed for a while and don't ever recall audio/video out of sync until a few days ago though.

2. Lachhh macrumors regular

3. nariza7 macrumors member

I think I go through a very similar case. For me, every once in awhile when I watch a movie (MplayerX, VLC player, youtube, etc.), I get a hiccup which puts the audio and video out of sync. My situation is that the audio does some weird sound repeat so you might hear like "hello there, my-my name is Billy", and then the audio is off-sync because of the extra "my". I would have to pause whatever video im watching whether its on youtube or MplayerX for a few seconds to a minute, and itll resync after I unpause. I think it's a hardware issue on my part since this happened on Mavericks, and then still occurs on Yosemite after a clean install. Sometimes, the video would have some weird electrical sound or be muted for a second and then be off-sync instead of repeating words like "my". I've come to accept it for now since for me, it might be hardware or drivers issue...