Everything you expected?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by t19880821, Oct 16, 2008.

1. t19880821 macrumors regular

This is especially geared for those of you who waited for the newer MBP to get it. Was it everything you expected? Was it worth the wait?

For me, I'm glad I didn't wait. This doesn't seem like something I should've waited for.

2. teerexx52 macrumors 68000

teerexx52

Well, It's a subjective thing. I have the previous model MacBook Pro and bought the new one yesterday. I like it a lot. The build is solid, the latch is great, keyboard is easy to use, Mine runs cooler by a lot over my previous one. Speakers seem a bit better, glass track pad is weird. So smooth but very functional. So over all was it worth it??? I'd say so

3. t19880821 thread starter macrumors regular

Worth the money, I wouldn't doubt it. But say an individual was holding off on buying a MBP to wait for the new one... would it be worth his or her wait? And if it is, by a lot or a little? And for someone who has the last gen MBP, would it be worth to upgrade to the newer one?

I'm a little skeptical about it. And I think I'm going to follow the rule of thumb, which is to wait for rev b.

4. strikeinsilence macrumors 6502

It was some things I expected, and a little more (for the worse) :rolleyes:

5. ptjh macrumors regular

Any comments on the screen expectations? Any led light bleed? More or less reflective than you envisaged?

Anyone want to comment on the 2.8 GHz speed if you have it? I'd love to see an xbench/geekbench test to compare it to the other MB pro's.

6. Empyre macrumors member

Worth every penny IMO. Just got my $2500 Model today and it was well worth the wait. I've had multiple opportunities using the old MBP which i think are awesome machines as well, but the new MBP has a lot of really cool features and has performed great thus far!

7. jasonrm macrumors member

jasonrm

I've been waiting for quite a while now, looking to replace my PowerBook G4 12" 1.33GHz. The combo of the case re-design, switchable graphics (even if it needs a logout), latchless, new touchpad, side loading DVD, all ports on one side, new battery style, side battery indicator, a Hard Drive that is replaceable without major surgery... and all the other improvements of brought from the previous MacBook Pro's like LED display.

All of it was worth it to me... so a 2.8 GHz MBP is on it's way to me now.

8. allanibanez macrumors regular

The new design MBP is physically better made than the old one (not that the old one was bad) but it is sturdier and cosmetically better looking in my opinion. Additionally, it's keyboard is a huge improvement which is something I think is tremendolously important.

Whilst only small tweaks have been made to the processor (up to 2.8GHz) the new graphics update will undoubtedly improve performance for where it is truely needed. I am going to use my MBP for photography and video editing, so reardless of the same processor that resides in the old MBP, the 9600M GT is going to make things faster for me. So with quad cores still a way off for us, what more could you have asked for from apple? Personally I think they have delivered.

And the screen? Yes its glossy, but from what I've seen it is more accurate than the old MBP with regard to whites.

Definitely the best MBP yet.