Everytime I enter the administrator password this shows up...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Xonnie316, Jan 16, 2010.

1. Xonnie316 macrumors member

Hey Mac Users,

The past few weeks, everytime I make a change to the Mac, whenever I enter my admin password, it shows up in unreadable text. Is there a way to change it back to normal ??

Here's the screenshot:
    [​IMG]

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Usually, when seeing those characters, it means there's a font issue. Open Font Book and validate your fonts.

3. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Don't forget to select all the fonts and Resolve Duplicates while you're in there too. If you can't navigate to Font Book because of the issue, go to the Applications folder in your hard drive with the pen, pencil, and ruler icon, look for the application with the icon of a keyboard key with the stenciled letter F and double click. Select everything in the middle column, then from under the File menu go to the 6th choice which should be Validate Fonts. After that's done, look for any fonts marked with a white x in a red circle. Click the checkbox to the fonts marked with that icon and then click the button in the lower right which should be Remove Checked. Then close that window to go back to Font Book and then go to the Edit menu and select the 3rd option from the bottom which should be Resolve Duplicates. After it's done, quit Font Book, restart the computer, and see if the issue is fixed.

4. Xonnie316 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for that JediMeister, I removed the duplicates,

Then I found this good app Font Finagler, which is a font cache cleaner, and after I've done all that and gave my mac a restart.

Everything was back to normal!